The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010

+9
cjedwards
P_Thorne
rgb
Kreativ Snail
LegGodt
D_Runyon
Shuppiluliumas
Uniblab
Cale
13 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010

Post  cjedwards Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Ok kids, here's some more KidsFest info. Sorry for getting this out so close to zero hour.

We'll be staying at the Farmington Inn (same place as last year). It's in Farmington, CT and has a website here:
http://www.farmingtoninn.com/

This is the way the rooms have been reserved:
Space #1
Cale Leiphart
Guest (Brian Brister)

Space #3
Chris Edwards
Pete Morris

Space - #4
Mike MacLeod
Evie Macleod

Space #5
Mike Tighe

Space #6
Nate Brill
Francis Arpaia

Space #7
Rob Bender
Dave Runyon

Space #8
Tony Sties
Tony Euele

Check back soon (or maybe in your email) for information about the convention center and arrangements there.

-Chris
cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 337

Back to top Go down

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010 - Page 3 Empty Re: LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010

Post  cjedwards Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 am

Cale sent out an email with more details about the show. Let us know if you didn't get it.

I also want to share an idea I had (which was sparked Jenn Wagner's plan to build her milk glass during public hours): I might bring a tub of assorted parts with me and try to use it to build something during public hours, right there where the public can see. It might be hard if space is tight, but it would also be an interesting way to use a small space. If I only have the space to display a few MOCs, I'm not going to have much to keep me entertained (talking to the public). If anyone wants to do the same, we can share ideas and maybe even trade parts as we go! I can't promise we'll be able to make it happen with the space we have, but it's worth a try.

-Chris

cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 am

That sounds like a cool idea. Maybe I'll try to do the same. Do you have the extra room in your car if I brought along an extra box? I might bring along one or two sets I haven't assembled yet as well.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010 - Page 3 Empty T-shirts are here

Post  Brianb Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm

I will bring shirts for those who ordered them to Kids Fest, and I will send the others with Cale to the December mtg at KC's (I am not able to make the mtg)

For those of you who are not sure what you owe:
Tony E $31.00
Josh $10.00
KC $27.00
Mike T $47.00
Nate $9.00
Chris Edwards $10.00
Chris Byrne $9.00
Joel $25.00
Cale $57.00

I did order a few extra in sport grey namely (2) XL ($9.00 ea) and (1) 2XL ($11.00 ea)

See you in Hartford
Brian

Brianb
Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 452

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:55 pm

I believe I still have an extra City Advent Calendar and one or two extra TRU Trucks. If anyone is interested in buying them off me, I can bring them along. They were purchased during BOGO50% sales, so take 25% of the TRU price.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:49 am

Great idea. I might bring my Dominion set, too, just for a little extra something.

cjedwards wrote:Cale sent out an email with more details about the show. Let us know if you didn't get it.

I also want to share an idea I had (which was sparked Jenn Wagner's plan to build her milk glass during public hours): I might bring a tub of assorted parts with me and try to use it to build something during public hours, right there where the public can see. It might be hard if space is tight, but it would also be an interesting way to use a small space. If I only have the space to display a few MOCs, I'm not going to have much to keep me entertained (talking to the public). If anyone wants to do the same, we can share ideas and maybe even trade parts as we go! I can't promise we'll be able to make it happen with the space we have, but it's worth a try.

-Chris

D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:45 am

Hello,

Here are some setup pics for those who couldn't make it here. More to come.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21713298@N08/sets/72157625518185042/

Tony Sties

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Nice pix. I enjoyed them.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Here's what Jim Foulds had to say about Kidsfest now that it's over:

To everyone involved in putting on a great show at the Hartford Kidsfest, I want to thank you for all your hard work and efforts during the show. The public was very excited to see the great displays that you had at the show. My fellow employees were very impressed with the displays and expressed high praise for the effort put into running the displays all weekend. In the end, everything came together to create a very positive experience for the attending public.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to work through the problems encountered. I know some were not easy, but it's your dedication to the hobby that help make my job a great one.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time. I ask that you please collect your thoughts on the event and share them with your coordinators so I can collect them and pass them along during my discussions with the event team.

The final numbers for the show came in around 23,000.

I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Sincerely,
Jim Foulds

If anyone has feedback on the event, you can discuss it here or email Cale or myself and we'll pass it on to Jim.

-Chris
cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:21 pm

That's great news from Jim! I had a great time, hours were long, but expected. And Jim came through on most, if not all of our requests.

Just a reminder for attendees of Kids Fest, please email Tony Sties with reciepts for parking, and Chris's rental cost. Tony and I would like to have all of the information asap, so he can reimburse people at the meeting this saturday.

Thanks,
Brian
Brianb
Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 452

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:51 pm

I had a great time
this being my first convention style club event it was very enjoyable
I think with each show we do our display gets bigger and better I look forward to the next layout plan
I really enjoyed how excited the kids and adults were reacted to our display
Jim Foulds could not have been better always receptive to
suggestions and always seemed to be connected to our area
also NELUG members were great and also put on a great show along with the MOC tables guys all in all
a major win win for lego and us.
again thanks to all the club members that were always great and very
friendly it was a great time and will be a challenge to top it
Tony 1.5

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 pm

cjedwards wrote:Here's what Jim Foulds had to say about Kidsfest now that it's over:

To everyone involved in putting on a great show at the Hartford Kidsfest, I want to thank you for all your hard work and efforts during the show. The public was very excited to see the great displays that you had at the show. My fellow employees were very impressed with the displays and expressed high praise for the effort put into running the displays all weekend. In the end, everything came together to create a very positive experience for the attending public.

I appreciate everyone's willingness to work through the problems encountered. I know some were not easy, but it's your dedication to the hobby that help make my job a great one.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and had a good time. I ask that you please collect your thoughts on the event and share them with your coordinators so I can collect them and pass them along during my discussions with the event team.

The final numbers for the show came in around 23,000.

I look forward to working with you again in the future.

Sincerely,
Jim Foulds

If anyone has feedback on the event, you can discuss it here or email Cale or myself and we'll pass it on to Jim.

-Chris

I had a much better time than I was expecting. In fact I had an awesome experience. I think our train layout was the best one we've done yet and I'm really looking forward to where we take things next year. And our MOC table displays were stunning as well. Thank you to every one who worked on making our trip such a success.

Here are my photos from the event.

Kidsfest Flickr

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Cale wrote:I had a much better time than I was expecting. In fact I had an awesome experience. I think our train layout was the best one we've done yet and I'm really looking forward to where we take things next year. And our MOC table displays were stunning as well. Thank you to every one who worked on making our trip such a success.

Here are my photos from the event.

Kidsfest Flickr

Cale

I feel the same way. It was an awesome event and I can't wait until the next one. Great job to everyone involved.
Does anyone have any idea how this event compared with Boston and Chicago?

Oh by the way, Peter, Max sucks and clones rule! lol!

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:44 am

I had some gripes about the event (Can't wait for us to get some plexiglass or barbed wire to protect the layout from grubby little hands) but overall it was a success.

Here's my photos from the event:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgb/sets/72157625553560706/
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:48 am

I had a great time. Many of the issues from last year (communication, parking, food, space, crowding, traffic, etc.) seemed to have been alleviated. The freebies (souvenir bricks & minifigs), bonuses, and compensation were good, although each event may need to be slightly different to adjust for varying needs/expenses. I think we could have filled more space with our displays, but we filled the space we had well. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with how the show went and I'm looking forward to the next one. I think this show got the KidsFest system back on track after the issues (fiascos?) in Boston and Chicago.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:09 pm

rgb wrote:I had some gripes about the event (Can't wait for us to get some plexiglass or barbed wire to protect the layout from grubby little hands) but overall it was a success.

Here's my photos from the event:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rgb/sets/72157625553560706/

I agree, Plexi will be a huge benefit and is in the planing for the future.

And thank you for the wonderful photos Rob.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:18 pm

D_Runyon wrote:I had a great time. Many of the issues from last year (communication, parking, food, space, crowding, traffic, etc.) seemed to have been alleviated. The freebies (souvenir bricks & minifigs), bonuses, and compensation were good, although each event may need to be slightly different to adjust for varying needs/expenses. I think we could have filled more space with our displays, but we filled the space we had well. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with how the show went and I'm looking forward to the next one. I think this show got the KidsFest system back on track after the issues (fiascos?) in Boston and Chicago.

Space was the biggest issue for this event. LM&E cut our space at the last minute and that threw a huge wrench into things. But every one (all us AFOL's and Jim Foulds) pulled together to make the space given work for us. I hope going forward things will be settled as far as space much sooner for future Kidsfests. And I have no doubt that PennLUG could fill the AFOL section at KF Philly completely on our own and be spectacular.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:14 am

Cale wrote:
D_Runyon wrote:I had a great time. Many of the issues from last year (communication, parking, food, space, crowding, traffic, etc.) seemed to have been alleviated. The freebies (souvenir bricks & minifigs), bonuses, and compensation were good, although each event may need to be slightly different to adjust for varying needs/expenses. I think we could have filled more space with our displays, but we filled the space we had well. Overall, I'm quite satisfied with how the show went and I'm looking forward to the next one. I think this show got the KidsFest system back on track after the issues (fiascos?) in Boston and Chicago.

Space was the biggest issue for this event. LM&E cut our space at the last minute and that threw a huge wrench into things. But every one (all us AFOL's and Jim Foulds) pulled together to make the space given work for us. I hope going forward things will be settled as far as space much sooner for future Kidsfests. And I have no doubt that PennLUG could fill the AFOL section at KF Philly completely on our own and be spectacular.

Cale
I saw your pictures from this year's KidsFest and, while I regret not being able to be there this year, I still feel like I'm there when I get to see pictures of the layout...and some of my MOCs. Very Happy So I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing what you guys are up to. Everything looks great.

I miss my Lego collection, though I'm managing without it just fine. When I get back home, I plan on selling the Millennium Falcon to start a new building project that I began planning for about two years ago but never started.

Back on track...When is the Philly show? I would love to be able to participate in it.

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 333

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:47 am

Brickadier General wrote:
I saw your pictures from this year's KidsFest and, while I regret not being able to be there this year, I still feel like I'm there when I get to see pictures of the layout...and some of my MOCs. Very Happy So I get a lot of enjoyment out of seeing what you guys are up to. Everything looks great.

I miss my Lego collection, though I'm managing without it just fine. When I get back home, I plan on selling the Millennium Falcon to start a new building project that I began planning for about two years ago but never started.

Back on track...When is the Philly show? I would love to be able to participate in it.

Thanks again Matt for loaning us your MOCs while your away. Your Hershey Trolley in particular was put to Good Use at Kidsfest as we finally had the trolley line up and running. It was a big hit.

The date for a Philly LEGO Kidsfest has not been set yet. It will probably not be before May. As soon as it's announced we'll start planing.

Speaking of LEGO projects I have one for you when you get back. We've talked before about doing a Civil War era train. I think I found the right locomotive. B&O #147 "Thatcher Perkins". #147 was built in 1863 and was used to pull troop trains and supply trains during the war for the Union. I think for cars, 3 coaches and either a baggage car or coach/baggage combine would be a good consist. I need to do research on the cars and will most certainly need your help in assembling some proper troops to fill out the train.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Hey Matt! Glad to see you stopping by the forum. Thanks so much for loaning us your MOC's. Your plantation was a BIG hit in Hartford. There were a lot of people asking about that and the Japanese styled house. As soon as we all get our photos uploaded we will send you links so you can see the fun we had. We've gotten a few new member since we last saw you and they are helping out with the club magnificently. I haven't had time to see the Allentown layout yet, but I know some of your buildings are in that one too. When you get back to the states, keep me in mind for that Falcon, I might be able to finance that new project of yours. Also if you come across any minifigs that you would like us to pick up for you, just send us a post so that we can get them.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Here's what a LEGO employee had to say about the AFOL participation at Kidsfest:

I hope this quick note finds you, as I would like to take this opportunity to personally and on behalf of LEGO System Inc thank you very much for your great contribution to a successful KidsFest in Hartford.

I was very impressed with the great displays, models, expertise and enthusiasm you and your teams brought to the show. I was personally amazed, but the true highlight for me was to see the amazement in kids faces when they saw your many great model. You truly give them some great aspirations for their LEGO creations.

I am very grateful for your contribution to the show and do hope that you enjoyed being part of this experience.

Please convey my thanks to your fellow exhibitors as well.

Very best regards

Soren
LEGO

Soren Torp Laursen
President
Market Group 3

cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:22 pm

cjedwards wrote:Here's what a LEGO employee had to say about the AFOL participation at Kidsfest:

I hope this quick note finds you, as I would like to take this opportunity to personally and on behalf of LEGO System Inc thank you very much for your great contribution to a successful KidsFest in Hartford.

I was very impressed with the great displays, models, expertise and enthusiasm you and your teams brought to the show. I was personally amazed, but the true highlight for me was to see the amazement in kids faces when they saw your many great model. You truly give them some great aspirations for their LEGO creations.

I am very grateful for your contribution to the show and do hope that you enjoyed being part of this experience.

Please convey my thanks to your fellow exhibitors as well.

Very best regards

Soren
LEGO

Soren Torp Laursen
President
Market Group 3

Cool...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:30 pm

now that's what I am talking about

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:50 am

Cale wrote:
Brickadier General wrote:

Thanks again Matt for loaning us your MOCs while your away. Your Hershey Trolley in particular was put to Good Use at Kidsfest as we finally had the trolley line up and running. It was a big hit.

The date for a Philly LEGO Kidsfest has not been set yet. It will probably not be before May. As soon as it's announced we'll start planing.

Speaking of LEGO projects I have one for you when you get back. We've talked before about doing a Civil War era train. I think I found the right locomotive. B&O #147 "Thatcher Perkins". #147 was built in 1863 and was used to pull troop trains and supply trains during the war for the Union. I think for cars, 3 coaches and either a baggage car or coach/baggage combine would be a good consist. I need to do research on the cars and will most certainly need your help in assembling some proper troops to fill out the train.

Cale
Glad I could loan my stuff.

The train idea sounds cool, and I would be interested in seeing the finished project. Supplying troops shouldn't be a problem. I think I have over 100 federal cavalry figures. You can have them in every nook and cranny of the train. haha

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 am

LEGO Dog wrote:Hey Matt! Glad to see you stopping by the forum. Thanks so much for loaning us your MOC's. Your plantation was a BIG hit in Hartford. There were a lot of people asking about that and the Japanese styled house. As soon as we all get our photos uploaded we will send you links so you can see the fun we had. We've gotten a few new member since we last saw you and they are helping out with the club magnificently. I haven't had time to see the Allentown layout yet, but I know some of your buildings are in that one too. When you get back to the states, keep me in mind for that Falcon, I might be able to finance that new project of yours. Also if you come across any minifigs that you would like us to pick up for you, just send us a post so that we can get them.
Thanks, I look forward to seeing your pictures.

I was thinking about selling the Falcon to finance the construction of a city zoo. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I'm interested in 1 of each minifig, though I'm especially interested in multiples of the geisha.

While I can't directly participate in any exhibits back home, I'm planning on heading out to Hong Kong for a convention during my winter break; Bricks Adventure 2011. Should be lots of fun.

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next