The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE

+4
rgb
LEGO Dog
PennLUG
maarek
8 posters

Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE

Post  maarek Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey everyone!

Anyone who is interested in coming out to the Delaware LEGO Store Grand opening to Volunteer your time and Love for the Brick please post here with when you'd like to volunteer, also if you know half day, whole day. We'll get more information when hear back from the store Manager.

When:
October 1st Friday
October 2nd Saturday
October 3rd Sunday

If it's like the KoP Opening they'll be different things to do from helping the kiddies build big bricks, to the Quality Assurance checking of those bricks
Wink
Typically Saturday is the busiest day with the most happening during the Grand opening. But help is needed for both.

More information will follow so stay tuned to this channel.

Last edited by maarek on Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
maarek
maarek
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 546

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty Re: LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE

Post  maarek Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Christiana Volunteer info:
Please contact the King of Prussia store (610)337-3203 to volunteer

• No one under the age of 16 may volunteer for event participation.
• Volunteers may bring their children but must have another adult/parent at the event to supervise the child while they are on duty. Children are not allowed to “help” their participating parent.
• Volunteers must work a minimum of 4 hours on any given day in order to participate.
Half Day shifts:
o One four hour shift = 10% product discount
o Two four hour shifts = 20% product discount
o Three four hour shifts = 30% product discount
Full Day Shift:
o One day = $20.00gift card +10% product discount
o Two days = $40.00gift card +20% product discount
o Three days = $60.00gift card +30% product discount
o Note: Benefits will not exceed $60.00 in gift cards and a 30% product discount for the maximum hours volunteered.
Volunteers will receive:
• Grand Opening commemorative tee shirt.
(These are exclusive to each event and themed differently depending on the store location, sizes and quantities may be limited, substitutions may be necessary.)
• Grand Opening commemorative LEGO set.
(These are exclusive to each event and themed differently depending on the store location)

Note: You must work a full day to receive the discount and the gift card. Those who work one to three half days are eligible for the maximum product discount but will not receive any gift cards.

I hope this helps I hope to see you there,
Tracie Spickerman
KOP
Store manager

Last edited by maarek on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
maarek
maarek
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 546

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty Re: LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE

Post  PennLUG Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Joel on Saturday.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey there guys,
I am the store manager from the King of Prussia store. I will be organizing the volunteers for the DE Grand opening event. We are looking for help for:
Fri. Oct. 1st
Sat. Oct. 2nd
Sun. Oct. 3rd
Depending on how much time you volunteer, will determain what you are elegable for as a thank you!
We have:
The Event tee shirts
The Event limited set
Gift cards
Store discounts
You may be eligable for all of these depending on how much time you spend with us.
Please contact the King of Prussia store for more information on The Event and to let us know who wants to lend a hand.
Cheers,
Tracie Spickerman
KOP
Manager (610)337-3203

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:14 pm

Thanks Tracy. I was going to contact you guys later today. Been busy or would have done it sooner.

I can only be there Saturday. I am still trying to get a list of all interested.

How much time to I have to be involved to get the store exclusive?

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:44 pm

All volunteers working at least 4 hours during the event will receive:
*The commemorative tee shirt
*The commemorative LEGO set
*10% store discount
if you volunteer longer we add to that. I will try to condence down the info and lay it all out for you guys.
(three days gets you 30%off)

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi guys I guess this is a bit late as Tracie has already posted. I will re-post her message to me on this thread too.

Tracie Spickerman September 19 at 10:21am
Michael Im running the Christiana Building event. I'm starting a volenteer list here at the KOP store. Let me know what is the best way to contact you guys to organize any and all that want to come out and help Smile
Cheers
Tracie

I think this and the facebook groups are the best way to keep members in touch with each other.

Evie and I will probably drop by to say hello, but I got very crowded at the KoP opening and don't do well with crowds like that anymore. Getting old I guess...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:11 am

I can probably do Saturday and/or Sunday. Can I get a ride from somebody? How easy is it to get from the train station to the mall?
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:51 am

Christiana Volunteer info:
Please contact the King of Prussia store (610)337-3203 to volunteer

• No one under the age of 16 may volunteer for event participation.
• Volunteers may bring their children but must have another adult/parent at the event to supervise the child while they are on duty. Children are not allowed to “help” their participating parent.
• Volunteers must work a minimum of 4 hours on any given day in order to participate.
Half Day shifts:
o One four hour shift = 10% product discount
o Two four hour shifts = 20% product discount
o Three four hour shifts = 30% product discount
Full Day Shift:
o One day = $20.00gift card +10% product discount
o Two days = $40.00gift card +20% product discount
o Three days = $60.00gift card +30% product discount
o Note: Benefits will not exceed $60.00 in gift cards and a 30% product discount for the maximum hours volunteered.
Volunteers will receive:
• Grand Opening commemorative tee shirt.
(These are exclusive to each event and themed differently depending on the store location, sizes and quantities may be limited, substitutions may be necessary.)
• Grand Opening commemorative LEGO set.
(These are exclusive to each event and themed differently depending on the store location)

Note: You must work a full day to receive the discount and the gift card. Those who work one to three half days are eligible for the maximum product discount but will not receive any gift cards.

I hope this helps Smile I hope to see you there,
Tracie Spickerman
KOP
Store manager

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:43 pm

OK guys, based on what I am reading, you need to call Tracie at the KOP store to schedual yourself to work the event.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty volunteering

Post  Guest Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:29 pm

Does anyone know how many hours constitute a "full day?" I will be volunteering a full day if I am needed, I just don't know which day yet. I can't see driving back and forth to Delaware 3 days in a row though.

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:15 am

I think it's 6-8 hours. Call the KoP store for more info.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty Event hours

Post  Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:31 pm

THe hours for the Christiana Event:
Fri October 1st: 11-7p
Sat October 2nd: 10-6p
Sun October 3rd: 11-6p

Half day is a 4 hr shift.
full day is 7-8 hr shift.

I will be scheduling the volunteers on a first come basis so the sooner we hear from you, the better chance you will have to get the space you want.

I believe we will be able to leave the finishe model up after the event so we do not need to worry about scheduling anyone for breakdown on Sun. night (YAY)

I look forward to hearing from all of you Laughing
Tracie
KOP LEGO
610-337-3203

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 pm

I might be interested in doing Sat and/or Sunday. Is there anyone who would be interested in carpooling? Delaware is 62 miles from my house, which equals about 6 gallons of fuel round trip.... which means if I go by myself I am not really making any profit. I can easily pick up anyone from the R5 Septa line in Colmar, or meet someone along the way. I travel 476 south to 95 to get there.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty volunteering

Post  Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 pm

I am looking at Sunday full day and I will call tomorrow to lock that in place.

As KC mentioned, I also would be interested in carpooling from the Lancaster area if anyone is volunteering on Sunday. Just let me know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Kreativ Snail wrote:I might be interested in doing Sat and/or Sunday. Is there anyone who would be interested in carpooling? Delaware is 62 miles from my house, which equals about 6 gallons of fuel round trip.... which means if I go by myself I am not really making any profit. I can easily pick up anyone from the R5 Septa line in Colmar, or meet someone along the way. I travel 476 south to 95 to get there.

KC,

I might be interested, especially if I end up making use of your couch.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 pm

I'd be happy to carpool. I live right off of exit 23 of I-95 (I can see I-95 from my front doorstep).
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:57 pm

I signed up for all day Saturday and Sunday. I am interested in carpooling to save on fuel costs, and also offering my sofa and livingroom to anyone who wants to stay Fri or Sat night to save on travel time and costs.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:11 pm

I have just met with tracie at the KOP lego store
please call her if you intend to do the event she will be in a lego meeting next week and needs to get the
info for the pennluggers who will be there ..just the messenger ,,Tony Cool

Back to top Go down

LEGO Store Grand Opening Newark, DE Empty carpool to Delaware

Post  Kreativ Snail Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:59 am

Anyone who is going to the Delaware Opening this Sat or Sun, who would like to carpool and/or stay overnight please email me ASAP so we can set it up. If we spend less on fuel, we can spend more on Lego! :-)
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:05 pm

I think I'm going to pass on the store opening (I probably missed the deadline to volunteer anyways). It's been awhile since I had a free weekend to myself at home.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:06 am

rgb wrote:I think I'm going to pass on the store opening (I probably missed the deadline to volunteer anyways). It's been awhile since I had a free weekend to myself at home.
That's a shame Rob. You'll be missed. Enjoy your weekend off though. I'm not volunteering either, I've got web site stuff to do if I get time, although I hope to drop by and say hi to everyone.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I procrastinated on pre-volunteering (I tried on Thursday and Friday but was unable to reach Tracie S.) but I plan on appearing Sunday to see if I help is still needed. The thank-you offer isn't all that appealing to me, but if I'd like to cross-promote Philcon, if they permit. (Philcon does offer LEGO-based activities that official LEGO events don't.)

How goes it, people who are there? When I phoned the Christiana store on Friday, the screaming crowd was clearly audible.

Last edited by P_Thorne on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected spelling of Tracie's name.)
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://underbase.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down