The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring!

3 posters

Go down

LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring! Empty LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring!

Post  MaryR Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:54 am

Hi! Saw your email about the February meeting being hosted by Chris - yay, one that's near me and I don't have a conflict that day! I started working as the Trade Sales Coordinator for the new LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia at the Plymouth Meeting Mall this month which means I work with groups, schools and corporate partners. If you'd like to hear about what's happening at the Center, I'd be happy to talk about it for a few minutes with the group. We do plan on hosting AFOL Nights and would love some input from you! Let me know!
Thanks!
Mary Reichley
Trade Sales Coordinator
208-513-1421
LEGOLAND ® Discovery Center Philadelphia
mary.reichley@merlinentertainments.biz

MaryR
Raw ABS pellet

Female Posts : 5

Back to top Go down

LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring! Empty Re: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring!

Post  danny316p Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:47 pm

They've now announced an opening date of April 6th: http://x.news-us.legolanddiscoverycentre.com/ats/msg.aspx?sg1=821d7fc3e0a74485035b0ecadf3f3613

...are any AFOL-friendly things planned around then? Personally, I'd be happy to blow off Saturday night of PBF to check out the LDC...

danny316p
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring! Empty Re: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Philadelphia Opening in Spring!

Post  danny316p Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:43 pm

I've started adding LDC Plymouth Meeting Adult Night events to our club calendar. Current information Adult Night events can be found at the links below:
https://philadelphia.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/whats-inside/events/
https://philadelphia.legolanddiscoverycenter.com/tickets/adult-night/

...at some point we should try to polish up this information and put it on our website. If people are interested in seeing this information on our calendar going forward, we'll have to have someone check back every so often to keep it current.

danny316p
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  SWLegoLover Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Is anyone still going to these events? I didn't renew my membership because they reduced the frequency of adult nigts. But I also found them really boring when others weren't able to come.
SWLegoLover
SWLegoLover
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Female Posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post  danny316p Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:39 pm

I have no idea who has been at the last few of these. I haven't really announced this anywhere yet, but I start work in Philly on the 15th, so I expect that I'll be at most or all of these going forward.

Specifically, these next two may be our only chances to see their holiday things this year, so I plan to be at both and find/photograph all of their Halloween and Christmas easter eggs hidden in miniland. It looks like they advertise their seasonal things in their kiddie events, but that stuff is merely still out on display during the adult nights. Since they've labelled the November adult night as a "holiday kick off", I don't expect them to do one in December.

Where I plan to be photo-focused the whole time, I'm not sure that I'll be much company during these. If our other members attending these also want to play find-the-mini-decorations, I'm up for trying to be sociable while doing that.

danny316p
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  danny316p Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm

I attended the October and December ones and enjoyed both. There's enough new stuff to keep me occupied taking photos, and they have giveaways and build challenges too.

After I brought this up at a recent meeting, the consensus was that I should put these events on our club calendar, but we shouldn't put them on our meeting agenda or have extra forum threads for each (although I wouldn't be opposed to adding a social dinner component before or after, if there's interest). Since the LEGOLAND Discovery Center site is already selling Adult Night tickets for the rest of 2019, I was able to grab those dates and put them all on our calendar. Barring time changes, cancellations, another snow delay, etc, that information should be correct (but let me know if you catch any errors or anything that needs to change).

They've had a number of promotions lately where they give you free tickets for store purchases. I currently have four extra tickets that expire on 3/27/2019. Only the February 21st Adult Night falls between now and then, but these tickets are up for grabs if any PennLUG members want them.

danny316p
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down