The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World

3 posters

Go down

June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World Empty June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World

Post  P_Thorne Mon May 02, 2011 10:53 pm

The weekend of June 17-19, 2011 (or for BrickWorld, 15-19) has three potential events:

* BrickWorld in Chicago (thread)
* LEGO KidsFest in Pittsburgh (thread)
* Wizard World in Philadelphia

BrickWorld is maximally AFOL, LKF might offer "considerations," and Wizard World is closest (for many of us). The most quantifiable factors are lodging cost, travel cost, travel time, travel mode, and cargo space. Some of you are already committed to one of the first two. My preference is Wizard World, but can I get a critical mass (at least four contributors) interested? Wizard likes an AFOL presence (to the extent of giving us free exhibitor space and badges), but not to the extent that TLG does. Wink

If you feel experimental, at WW we'd have the freedom (unconstrained by neighbor LUGs) to try something other than the usual planar city/train layout. I'm working on a plan that involves a black backdrop and suspension frame for spacecraft. Which would also be suited to "rocks and buildings floating in limbo" which is an appropriately comic book-esque way to shoehorn all the summer's movies into one display Smile especially if we can't fill every cubic inch with ABS. (Juxtaposing Cowboys and Aliens with Green Lantern would otherwise be tricky.)

Anybody want to do tabletop Mindstorms demos? (Hmmm Idea If I install the NXT software on my netbook, I can experiment on the dining room table where I actually have free space.)
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://underbase.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World Empty Re: June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World

Post  Guest Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 am

scratch

Comments deleted due to inappropriateness.

The play, I remember, pleased not the million; ‘twas caviar to the general

Back to top Go down

June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World Empty Re: June: BrickWorld vs. LKF vs. Wizard World

Post  rgb Tue May 10, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm not doing BrickWorld or KidsFest, but I do have my son that weekend. I might be able to contribute something to the layout but I probably wouldn't be there to help set it up.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Tue May 10, 2011 8:37 pm

I received an invite from "Natalia Szymanski, Conventions Assistant, Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con" today. So they still know we ("Penn Lego Building Group" -- gotta amend that; but "Delaware Valley LEGO Users Group" was slightly too long for their database when we used that name) exist, and they're ready with a Comp Fan Table.

C'mon. Critical mass is at least three people per day (not necessarily the same three all weekend), so the table has two while someone else sneaks to the bathroom or quiet-elsewhere. Better yet, four, so there's time to browse and attend panel presentations. I know some of you must be comics/SF/wrestling/CCG/Artists Alley fans. We might be next to the Stormtroopers of the 501st!

Last edited by P_Thorne on Tue May 10, 2011 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserted missing verb.)
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://underbase.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue May 10, 2011 10:57 pm

P_Thorne wrote:The weekend of June 17-19, 2011 (or for BrickWorld, 15-19) has three potential events:

* BrickWorld in Chicago (thread)
* LEGO KidsFest in Pittsburgh (thread)
* Wizard World in Philadelphia

BrickWorld is maximally AFOL, LKF might offer "considerations," and Wizard World is closest (for many of us). The most quantifiable factors are lodging cost, travel cost, travel time, travel mode, and cargo space. Some of you are already committed to one of the first two. My preference is Wizard World, but can I get a critical mass (at least four contributors) interested? Wizard likes an AFOL presence (to the extent of giving us free exhibitor space and badges), but not to the extent that TLG does. Wink

If you feel experimental, at WW we'd have the freedom (unconstrained by neighbor LUGs) to try something other than the usual planar city/train layout. I'm working on a plan that involves a black backdrop and suspension frame for spacecraft. Which would also be suited to "rocks and buildings floating in limbo" which is an appropriately comic book-esque way to shoehorn all the summer's movies into one display Smile especially if we can't fill every cubic inch with ABS. (Juxtaposing Cowboys and Aliens with Green Lantern would otherwise be tricky.)

Anybody want to do tabletop Mindstorms demos? (Hmmm Idea If I install the NXT software on my netbook, I can experiment on the dining room table where I actually have free space.)
We just broke out of our shells at BrickMagic. DelVaLUG and PennLUG did a 5 table space base layout. Mostly vintage classic space this time with a few MOCs, but it's a direction I would like the clubs branch off into. It's a shame that WW is the same weekend, because I would have done that with you, but I have already committed to KF. Perhaps you and I can discuss at some point in the next few weeks about getting a small display together for you to set up down at WW. I would be willing to send some vintage and MOCs down and I am sure we can get a few others like Chris and Peter to send a few things down that aren't being used at other events. Shoot me an email and let me know what you want to do.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum