The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh

+5
rgb
D_Runyon
Shuppiluliumas
peterlmorris
Cale
9 posters

Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh

Post  Cale Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm

It's now official, LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh at he David L. Lawrence Convention Center on June 17-19, 2011.

http://www.legokidsfest.com/upcoming/PA2011/index.html

While this may sound like great news, there is one major issue. The date chosen is the same weekend as Brickworld in Chicago. I can't express how disappointed I am in the choice of date. Despite all the logistical issues leading up to Hartford I feel all the members of PennLUG who participated genuinely had a wonderful time at the event and have been really looking forward to the opportunity to display at a Kidsfest in Pennsylvania. Even though it's in Pittsburgh and a little farther west than our current membership runs it would still be a wonderful opportunity to represent our wonderful club in our home state. However I'm not planing on being there as I'll be going to Brickworld instead.

While I can't speak for any of the other members who are making plans to attend Brickworld, for me personally I just could not miss going what is one of the greatest AFOL events in the US. It's certainly not an easy decision but to see old friends again, make new ones, be apart of what has become the big event for LEGO train groups, and to just stand among the dizzying array of amazing MOC's built by some of the most talented builders in the country is some thing I don't want to miss.

I've talked to Jim Foulds about this and he's well aware of the date issue. Unfortunately he wasn't given any say in the matter, however he is still looking for AFOL's to come to Kidsfest. I know only a few of us were currently planning on going to Brickworld so there is still a chance PennLUG could have some type of presence at KidsFest in Pittsburgh if any one is interested.

Cale Leiphart
PennLUG
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty Re: LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh

Post  peterlmorris Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:59 pm

I could do Pittsburgh, as long as we could get a similar deal to last time (hell I'd take just food and hotel to be there).

Also Rodney lives in Pittsburgh. Probably better known as Buster in the Flickrverse, he's a fantastic space builder. It could be his first show!
peterlmorris
peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 106

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty Re: LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh

Post  Shuppiluliumas Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 pm

I plan to go to Brickworld, but we'll have to see what the PennLUG folk end up bringing in terms of layout components. I would be happy to lend anything I don't bring to Chicago for Kidsfest. If anyone would like to try and set up my port, they're more than welcome. Very Happy

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:32 am

I might be able to do KidsFest, depending on my calendar and compensation offered.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 am

I'm not sure if I would want to do it or not.

Of course any of my buildings are available for use in the layout.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:19 pm

Shuppiluliumas wrote:I plan to go to Brickworld, but we'll have to see what the PennLUG folk end up bringing in terms of layout components. I would be happy to lend anything I don't bring to Chicago for Kidsfest. If anyone would like to try and set up my port, they're more than welcome. Very Happy

I would rather see your port go to Brickworld actually. I think it's too awesome not to be displayed there at least once. That is of course if your willing to bring it.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:25 pm

I'll check with Jim about compensation. I'm going to assume it will be similar to last time but I could be wrong. So if you guys are willing to go we will need some one to step up and organize this event. Any volunteers?

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Cale wrote:I'll check with Jim about compensation. I'm going to assume it will be similar to last time but I could be wrong. So if you guys are willing to go we will need some one to step up and organize this event. Any volunteers?

Cale

At this point in time I can go. So will take up the post of organizing this event. If you want to put me in touch with Jim I will talk to him and work on details. Just let me know.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty Kids Fest Pittsburgh

Post  S-Tauser Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:35 pm

I need to check my schedule, and hopefully by then we will have 2 cars again, but I am interested in Kids Fest Pittsburgh.
S-Tauser
S-Tauser
Mr. Early Bird

Male Posts : 149

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty Kids Fest Pgh.

Post  S-Tauser Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:58 pm

I have checked my schedule & I am clear for the Kidsfest dates. Just let me know when you have more details. If I go out we must find time to go to Something Groovy. It is a retro toy store that I am sure Joel will go nuts for.
S-Tauser
S-Tauser
Mr. Early Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:13 pm

I've never been to Pittsburgh, let's do it right!

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:01 pm

I really WANT to go to Brickworld, as I always love it, but with the school year extened as far as it was because of snow, even though I could get the time off, Trev can not, so I would be forced to leave him here while school is still gong on from Tues night/Wed am on. IF I go to Kidsfest, that is cut down a bit, as I could leave Thurs am after he goes to school. I gotta think ths out real carefully. I would want to carpool with someone to Kidsfest, either in my car or thiers, to save on fuel.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:39 pm

I plan on coming to Kidsfest in Pittsburgh. I am going to take the Megabus from NYC. I'll even tackle setting up Nate's port if he wants me to.

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm there for sure.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 am

I will be missing this event
however if you need any trains or mod buildings I will gladly lend them
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:19 pm

OK, I will be going to Kidsfest, not BrickWorld. I will be bringing some misc MOCs, and will try to get something kewl to go with my Monorail.. that way we have movement in our section. Moving things are good. I will be going straight to Ohio after Kidsfest for Origins Game Con, so I would NOT be able to bring anyone back, so carpooling won't work. Sad If someone has a really cool MOC that they are willing to send to Kidsfest, that travels well, sets up fairly easily, that they are OK with keeping in my car trunk for an extra week ( The car is parked in a garage at the hotel in Columbus Ohio) I can take it for you. snail
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty kidsfest

Post  Guest Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Well now I find out I have a wedding to go to on the 18th. I guess I'll make it to a convention eventually. I'll be at Brickfair, but I must back out of KidsFest now. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey gang

I know I've been quite about all this Kidsfest Pittsburgh stuff. Truth is I didn't really feel I needed to get too involved. You guys seem to have a pretty good handle on whats needed and despite the frustration with not be able to get info from LEGO in a timely manner, a good sound plan to go by. I really appreciate Joel and Mike M. stepping up to lead PennLUG's participation in this one. And a big thank you to Tony and Brian for helping out with the behind the scenes organization. And thank you to every one participating whether it be in person or just sending MOCs.

I know these Kidsfest events are a lot of work and involve some long show hours. But it's great to see PennLUG represented in at tis one in our home state. Even though I'll be at Brickworld part of me still want's to be there with you all in Pittsburgh.

I wish you guys the best of luck for this event and thank you for all your hard work.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:08 pm

ctbyrne wrote:Well now I find out I have a wedding to go to on the 18th. I guess I'll make it to a convention eventually. I'll be at Brickfair, but I must back out of KidsFest now. Sad

You suck, it had better be your own wedding if your going to miss out on a cool LEGO event.
Seriously though, you should try to get down to WW for a few hours. I'm sure Phil and the others would love some help. They have a neat display being set up. Something I actually wouldn't mind trying to get Phil to do at another event too. It's a cool way to show off individual MOCs.

Have fun at the wedding Very Happy

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Cale wrote:Hey gang

I know I've been quite about all this Kidsfest Pittsburgh stuff. Truth is I didn't really feel I needed to get too involved. You guys seem to have a pretty good handle on whats needed and despite the frustration with not be able to get info from LEGO in a timely manner, a good sound plan to go by. I really appreciate Joel and Mike M. stepping up to lead PennLUG's participation in this one. And a big thank you to Tony and Brian for helping out with the behind the scenes organization. And thank you to every one participating whether it be in person or just sending MOCs.

I know these Kidsfest events are a lot of work and involve some long show hours. But it's great to see PennLUG represented in at tis one in our home state. Even though I'll be at Brickworld part of me still want's to be there with you all in Pittsburgh.

I wish you guys the best of luck for this event and thank you for all your hard work.

Cale

Nice words of encouragement Cale, Thanks Very Happy

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty IMPORTANT sigfig info needed

Post  Kreativ Snail Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm

If you are going to Kidsfest, please email me the info on which head and hair ( or hat) you want on your sigfig for the park, and IF you have a good idea what colour pants and/or shirts you will be wearing, those 3 days, let me know that too so I can be sure to have the correct parts with me.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:16 am

Need 1 blue minifig hand for a blue spaceman that had an "accident".
Thanks Very Happy

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:26 am

You should give him a hook instead.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

LEGO KidsFest is coming to Pittsburgh Empty Kids Fest pictures

Post  S-Tauser Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

S-Tauser
S-Tauser
Mr. Early Bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum