The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ?

5 posters

Go down

Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ? Empty Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ?

Post  bas157 Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm

found this ad tonight, anyone know anything about it?

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/1585521601.html
"Just released a huge Brick show will be held Sunday July 18, 2010 at the Ramada Inn 1083 Route 206 north Bordentown New Jersy. The show will have 50 TABLES of Lego, New Sets, Retired Sets, Old Sets, Rare Sets, Bionicles, Minifigs, Parts & Pieces, Instuction Books, Other Blocks, and Much more!!!!!

DEALER SPACE IS LIMITED AND IS ON A FIRST COM FIRST SERVE BASIS. PLEASE EMAIL ME.

Adults-5.00
Children(under 10)3.00
Family-12.00 "

bas157
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ? Empty Re: Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ?

Post  Cale Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:03 pm

NO This is a new one on me. Where is Bordentown?

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ? Empty Re: Anyone know anything about this show/sale in Bordentown, NJ?

Post  bas157 Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:21 pm

take the PA turnpike to the NJ turnpike, go one exit north then get off and it looks to be pretty much right ahead of you.

bas157
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:11 am

So who is running this event? obviously they know about PennLUG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 am

A quick Google search turned up this:

http://www.rksportspromotions.com/Bordentown%20Ramada%20Brick%20flyer%20July%2018.htm

Looks to be run by a Sports Card promotion firm (http://www.rksportspromotions.com/). Their website looks a little shoddy, and their PR isn't that great if that's the only presence for the show that exists...

-John

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 pm

I never heard of it, but it does sound interesting and might be worth checking out to see what they have there, but I wouldn't expect great deals or anything. But you never know. I don't really like hearing that there will be "other blocks" because it evokes images in my mind of the clone brick companies. If that stuff is going to be there, then I would at least hope the Lego vendors would outweigh the number of non-Lego ones.

Is GardenSLUG dead, or are they still around? If they still exist, it is possible you might see some of them there...with their factory sealed baseplates on their train layout. If you were at NMRA 2006, you know what I'm talking about. Laughing

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 333

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:01 pm

It sounds to me like its just a vendor show and not an enthusiast's display.

It might be intersting to see but as mentioned, I don't expect bargains.

However, perhaps we could offer to do a display...

Mike Tighe
Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:21 am

Uniblab wrote:It sounds to me like its just a vendor show and not an enthusiast's display.

It might be intersting to see but as mentioned, I don't expect bargains.

However, perhaps we could offer to do a display...

Mike Tighe
It does sound like it's exclusively a vendor's show. That does not mean they would not welcome a display, but I would get in contact with them first to see what this is all about. I want to know what kind of vendors will be there and if any of them have any sort of website or bricklink store.

Plus, I kind of think the costs would outweigh the benefits. It's in Jersey, so some of us would definitely have to stay overnight somewhere. And let's face it, if there's one thing I can tell from other Brick Conventions, it is the displays that are the real attention getters for most, not the vendors. Displays generate public interest in the show, which then trickles down to the vendors. Bearing this in mind, I don't think it would be unreasonable in this case to expect something in return. For example, I would certainly hope that they wouldn't charge us for table space.

But summer will be really busy for most. BrickMagic is in May, followed by BrickWorld in June, and BrickFair in early August. That's a lot to prepare for as a club. I would be more inclined to focus on those events and go to this vendor show as a group to check it out and see what it's about, as opposed to setting up a display there. Still, it doesn't hurt to make ourselves known to the people running it.

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 333

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm

i will be away that weekend on a cruise with my mom.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down