The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Star Wars summer 2012

3 posters

Go down

Star Wars summer 2012 Empty Star Wars summer 2012

Post  P_Thorne Thu May 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Two different Eurobricks threads have photos, seven in detail and all eight at once. My reactions:

9525 Pre Vizsla's Mandalorian Fighter (small photo only, details from Brickset). Presumably from, but I don't recall seeing, The Clone Wars. With those vertical fins, does it have a rotating fuselage, as with the T-6 Jedi Shuttle? Distinctive shape. Good color blocking and terracing -- white, grey, with small blue parts. Probably some stickers on the fuselage.

9496 Desert Skiff: This is, what, the third version? But you can get boar-tusked Lando and detailed-printing Boba Fett in a reasonably-priced set. Note the use of the SNOTted curved half-panels after (left), the airplane tail upper-hull as the nose (right) (also used in 4641 Speed Boat in red), and the canopy in dark-tan for the Sarlacc.

9497 Republic Striker-class Starfighter. The box indicates it's from The Old Republic (SWTOR), joining a few other sets based on video game sections of the EU. Possibly the ugliest official Star Wars set I've ever seen -- the color-blocking, with a mix of rectangular tiles atop angle-plates, using dark red/red/orange/white, has no unity at all. This would be roundly scorned were it posted as a MOC.

9498 Saesee Tiin's Jedi Starfighter. Variation on the Delta-7 Aethersprite number, what, five? Good color blocking. Appears to have several elements newly molded in dark green, plus regular-green Artoo parts. And we get heads for two of the freakier-looking Jedi.

9499 Gungan Sub (i.e., Bongo). I own the first iteration of this model, which shares little with this one aside from the blue flex-tube helical tail and the anchor-nose. Is that a 4x4 faceted dome on the tail, in trans-orange? Unlike the first version, they did not print the three domes with the forcebubble-emitting filigree of the onscreen namesake. I don't know why there's an orange (starfish? jack? mine?) in the left-aft bubble. Features an Amidala minifig with the most elaborate headpiece and skirt I've ever seen, in shape and multiple colors -- more so even than the PotC headpieces.

9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor. Also from SWTOR. A hull made of hinge-angled plates that manages to look solid. The three minifigs have new helmets and shoulderpads, which are probably not-broadly-recognized and therefore suitable for MOCing.

9915 The Malevolence. A Separatist capital ship from The Clone Wars series with an oversized ion cannon. Three minifigs plus three brick-figs, but decidedly microscale -- it probably lacks even the playset interior of the Star Destroyer sets. Suffers from a namesake that's none too distinctive to begin with, further from the necessary contour approximations, and the usual "subtle color gradations are impossible" palette. Rather like a larger "Cad Bane's Speeder." But it might be swoopable.

9516 Jabba's Palace. New olive-green Jabbafig and Gamorrean Guard, five other minifigs, and Salacious Crumb anifig. I think this is the first use of the Twi'lek head mold (green) since Jedi Aayla Secura (blue)? Some nice architectural tricks at this scale -- same TLG designer as PoP? But you could design an entire line of modular sets around Jabba's palace, similar to Hogwarts.
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://underbase.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Star Wars summer 2012 Empty Re: Star Wars summer 2012

Post  Shuppiluliumas Thu May 03, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks for the links! I have to agree with you on that republic fighter. It's just a cobbled-together mess. Add to that my personal hatred for the canopy, as well. I really like the x-wing this year, but I can't stand that they're still using that canopy for it.

Jabba's Palace mostly seems to be a shiny package for minifigures but I won't lie, for the first time in a while, I kind of want those minifigures.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Fri May 04, 2012 8:35 am

Is that a new canopy element on the bongo as well?

Skiff looks great- never got the first, so I'm hoping to grab this. And Jabba's Palace. And the Jedi Starfighter. And maybe the bongo.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down