The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

new Adult Fans of Lego book

2 posters

Go down

new Adult Fans of Lego book Empty new Adult Fans of Lego book

Post  Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Hello,
My name is Barry (baz on bricklink- member since 2001).
I have decided to make a Lego book. The book is all about Adult Fans of Lego where they send me photos of their favourite Lego creation they have built. It doesn’t matter if we have all seen it on Brickshelf or Flickr. Show us which is your favourite Lego creation.
Entrants, 18 years and older, whose work gets in the book will have first dibs at buying the first edition at a cheaper price than normal (maybe even 1 free copy...). There may also be prizes...
One of the main goals is to have entrants from all over the globe.
Depending on how many entries we get will determine the size of the Lego book. I am hoping to call it ‘101 Adult Fans of Lego’ for example. I have contacted Lego and will work with them so the book can legally use the Lego name, but this is not an official Lego publication.
Also, more technologically minded Adult Fans of Lego can send in Pdfs of instructions so others can build your favourite Lego creation or at least learn a new building technique.
Pricing details and prizes will be announced soon.
We will let you know our website and facebook page in 7 days.
Entries open October 1st 2011 and run until January 31st 2012 so you have plenty of time.
Thank you.
Kindest regards,

B D White

Back to top Go down

new Adult Fans of Lego book Empty Re: new Adult Fans of Lego book

Post  Cale Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:46 pm

afolbook wrote:Hello,
My name is Barry (baz on bricklink- member since 2001).
I have decided to make a Lego book. The book is all about Adult Fans of Lego where they send me photos of their favourite Lego creation they have built. It doesn’t matter if we have all seen it on Brickshelf or Flickr. Show us which is your favourite Lego creation.
Entrants, 18 years and older, whose work gets in the book will have first dibs at buying the first edition at a cheaper price than normal (maybe even 1 free copy...). There may also be prizes...
One of the main goals is to have entrants from all over the globe.
Depending on how many entries we get will determine the size of the Lego book. I am hoping to call it ‘101 Adult Fans of Lego’ for example. I have contacted Lego and will work with them so the book can legally use the Lego name, but this is not an official Lego publication.
Also, more technologically minded Adult Fans of Lego can send in Pdfs of instructions so others can build your favourite Lego creation or at least learn a new building technique.
Pricing details and prizes will be announced soon.
We will let you know our website and facebook page in 7 days.
Entries open October 1st 2011 and run until January 31st 2012 so you have plenty of time.
Thank you.
Kindest regards,

B D White

Hi Barry and welcome. Your book project sound quite interesting. Hopefully you'll get a few submissions from PennLUG. I know I'll send a few photos your way.

Cale White Cat
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:09 am

Hi Cale,
Thank you for your warm welcome.
I look forward to seeing your entry.
All the rules, etc are at www.talltaleunderground.com/afol-book/
Basically we need some info on you, why you love Lego, info on your favourite Lego creation and then a few pics of your favourite Lego creation.
Talk soon,

Barry

Back to top Go down

new Adult Fans of Lego book Empty Adult Fans of Lego book update

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:05 pm

1 month down, 3 months to go to get entries in for your chance to be part of the new Adult Fans of Lego book.
Just letting everyone know that there is information on PRICES and PRIZES at www.talltaleunderground.com/afol-book/
Once you have decided which moc is your favourite and taken pictures, email these and the info on you and your creation to afolbook [at] talltaleunderground [dot] com
All the best,
Baz

Last edited by afolbook on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted emoticon)

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:58 pm

afolbook wrote:1 month down, 3 months to go to get entries in for your chance to be part of the new Adult Fans of Lego book.
Just letting everyone know that there is information on PRICES and PRIZES at www.talltaleunderground.com/afol-book/
Once you have decided which moc is your favourite and taken pictures, email these and the info on you and your creation to afolbook [at] talltaleunderground [dot] com
All the best,
Baz
Hi, I have some models I am interested in contributing. However, I noticed that your website stated that you weren't looking for creations with custom or modified parts. Unfortunately, most of my favorite MOCs have some sort of modified part or aftermarket accessory, such as my Model A:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/6244437497/in/photostream

It has chromed bricks and BrickArms and BrickWarriors accessories. Would these parts disqualify the MOC?

Your book sounds pretty interesting, and I hope it does well. Thanks!

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 333

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Hello Brickadier General,
Thanks for you interest in the book : )
One of the reasons for this book is to show children (and their parents) that they don't have to make just what is on the Lego box. They can make anything, so the book will inspire (inspire adult Lego fans, younger Lego fans and also show non-Lego fans that this isn't just some toy). I have looked at your pics. They do look great. I realise why you have chromed the pieces and bought the guns. I have bought a few pieces from Brickforge (the scooter in particular). But if a child Lego fan opens this book I'm making and tries to build your car they will wonder why they can't find those pieces in Chrome.

For the book you could always enter the blue car and say that you have made a few more, some using customised parts.
Or you could just take off the custom parts from the black car and make it with authentic Lego parts just for the book.
I know this isn't the news you want to hear but rules are rules unfortunately.
I hope you still enter.
Thank you,
Barry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down