The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Building Standards?

5 posters

Go down

Building Standards? Empty Building Standards?

Post  Guest Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 am

Just wondering: Do we have a listing anywhere on the forum for what our build "standards" are? Like, how wide are our sidewalks? Are we going six-wide on cars? Do we prefer light grey or bley for concrete?

Would love to know... now that I'm mostly settled into the new house, I want to get back into building. (Probably won't be able to make a meeting until November though.)

Back to top Go down

Building Standards? Empty Re: Building Standards?

Post  rgb Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:57 am

That would be a good thing to discuss sometime (maybe we need a PennLUG wiki?).

One minor gripe I have with the sidewalks in our display is that some buildings use the Cafe Corner style (strip of light grey on the outside, then dark grey) and others were entirely light gray. It might be nice to standardize on one style.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:40 pm

Matt wrote:Just wondering: Do we have a listing anywhere on the forum for what our build "standards" are? Like, how wide are our sidewalks? Are we going six-wide on cars? Do we prefer light grey or bley for concrete?

Would love to know... now that I'm mostly settled into the new house, I want to get back into building. (Probably won't be able to make a meeting until November though.)

rgb wrote:That would be a good thing to discuss sometime (maybe we need a PennLUG wiki?).

One minor gripe I have with the sidewalks in our display is that some buildings use the Cafe Corner style (strip of light grey on the outside, then dark grey) and others were entirely light gray. It might be nice to standardize on one style.

That's funny Joe Meno has been asking about our road and track standards too. The next Brickjournal issue will have an article focused on different building standards such as the Moon Base, Classic Castle City and Great Ball Contraption standards. He's also including our road and track building standard that we've been working on. So I've been creating some diagrams for him to use. The final product explains the basic how's and why's of our roads and track nicely and as soon as I get the final pdf back from Joe it will be posted to our website for every one to reference. It doesn't cover every thing but it's a good start and can be expanded on in the future. For now you can check out some of the instructions we've created here.

http://pennlug.com/?page_id=86

A PennLUG wiki is also a great idea. Does any one have any experience creating one?

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 am

I want to thank PennLUG for sharing your road and track standards on your site and with BrickJournal. I'm curious if you are going to post instructions for the standard that your group uses for ballasted curved sections.

Last edited by sweener on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

The space landing plate was supposed to include technic bricks and 1x1 trans-red bricks for lighting. The finished product was to look like the landing plate from set 928 - galaxy explorer. I think we should wait until those mods are made before publishing the cad drawing. As soon as I get my hands on one, I can modify it.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 pm

LEGO Dog wrote:The space landing plate was supposed to include technic bricks and 1x1 trans-red bricks for lighting. The finished product was to look like the landing plate from set 928 - galaxy explorer. I think we should wait until those mods are made before publishing the cad drawing. As soon as I get my hands on one, I can modify it.

I think Peter is wanting to rework some of the construction design as well to make it a bit more sturdy for transportation. Plus he has straights and T's in the works as well

As far as the Curved Ballast sections I am not sure Cale was 100% happy with the design just yet. After he makes some tweaks to the curve and the switch track, I think both of those will be posted as well.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:31 am

Evil Jack wrote:
LEGO Dog wrote:The space landing plate was supposed to include technic bricks and 1x1 trans-red bricks for lighting. The finished product was to look like the landing plate from set 928 - galaxy explorer. I think we should wait until those mods are made before publishing the cad drawing. As soon as I get my hands on one, I can modify it.

I think Peter is wanting to rework some of the construction design as well to make it a bit more sturdy for transportation. Plus he has straights and T's in the works as well

As far as the Curved Ballast sections I am not sure Cale was 100% happy with the design just yet. After he makes some tweaks to the curve and the switch track, I think both of those will be posted as well.

We need to produce an entire book of our standards once everything is tweaked. Perhaps Joe Meno would help (special issue?)

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:12 pm

I would also post them onto the website for all to see as well. I have up what standards I've been given in PDF Form under our instructions page.

If you have other instructions or standard type materials email them to me and I'll get them onto the website ASAP. Smile
maarek
maarek
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 546

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 am

Evil Jack wrote:

I don't have a cad file for the curves yet. That's some thing I need to work on. I think I have the design aspect pretty well worked out though I still need to properly tile out the areas where they sit on the base plates.

LEGO Dog wrote:We need to produce an entire book of our standards once everything is tweaked. Perhaps Joe Meno would help (special issue?)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought of doing some thing crazy like that. My initial thought was to do it through RAILBRICKS though as it would be more relevant to that mag but it's still just an idea so who knows.

maarek wrote:I would also post them onto the website for all to see as well. I have up what standards I've been given in PDF Form under our instructions page. If you have other instructions or standard type materials email them to me and I'll get them onto the website ASAP. Smile

This is some thing I really do need to work on. I have some cad files for other stuff but have yet to make instructions. I really need to find some time to sit down and get better with LPub. Making good instructions isn't easy and I don't like to release any thing I'm not totally happy with.

Cale White Cat
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down