The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Introductions

+40
MikeG
Mylinda6794
KJKlock
Nathaniel_S
paloftoon
Ben-Laura
Brick_Dad
afol666
Isrowei
sammoe
Matthew-Jeffory
danny316p
mathicus7
Glenn Holland
Steve Jackson
ClassyBricks
whataslacker
Tom O
bsevans
peterlmorris
sixf00t4
SWLegoLover
LEGO Dog
rgb
P_Thorne
Brianb
Uniblab
Shuppiluliumas
cjedwards
Cale
legolover530
bas157
joshua sanders
S-Tauser
maarek
Brickadier General
D_Runyon
LegGodt
Kreativ Snail
PennLUG
44 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Introductions - Page 5 Empty Re: Introductions

Post  cjedwards Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:57 pm

fires-storm wrote:Hey all, I'm so glad I was able to find this group, as until recently I had believed that Pennsylvania must not have one! A little about me is as follows:

Hey all, I'm Jake Savage and I live up in eastern PA, probably 40 minutes or an hour from the border with Ohio, my favorite Lego colors to build with are the Dark colors, as well as pearl gold, and any pearl color really. Some of my favorite builds are airplanes, usually fantasy types, and my main inspirations are Hayao Miyazaki, anything dieselpunk, and WWII/the 1930's. I hope I will be able to attend at least one meeting this year, if not the three, as I do not have my own car yet, just having turned 18! Also, I hope to be able to get to know everyone in this community well, and learn a lot to improve my talents with the brick!

Well, that is pretty much all about me for now, so Jake Savage signing out.

Hi Jake, nice to meet you! I just have one question...
what part of Eastern PA is that close to Ohio? Compared to that, the rest of us are in the "Far East."

-Chris
cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Jake, nice to meet you! I just have one question...
what part of Eastern PA is that close to Ohio? Compared to that, the rest of us are in the "Far East."

-Chris

I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh Pa, so it is a bit of a trip for me to get anywhere east, just a trip to a Lego store takes me 4 hours anywhere I can go! Also, it is a pleasure to meet you Chris! Hah, also I realized that mistake in grammar now, I meant West! I may be good at reading maps, but I seem to wreak at telling what direction I live in!

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Wow! We've gotten a lot of new people coming around lately. Awesome!

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Welcome guys. Since I haven't seen it posted anywhere, just an FYI, the meetings start at 11am (posted), but can tend to go into the evening hours (if the host allows). The reason I'm telling you this; I was a newbee last year and was quite suprised as to how long meetings can go. Anyway, you are invited to come and stay as little or as long as you like, not everybody stays for the duration, myself included.

Hope to see you there.
Brian
Brianb
Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 452

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:47 am

Brianb wrote:Welcome guys. Since I haven't seen it posted anywhere, just an FYI, the meetings start at 11am (posted), but can tend to go into the evening hours (if the host allows). The reason I'm telling you this; I was a newbee last year and was quite suprised as to how long meetings can go. Anyway, you are invited to come and stay as little or as long as you like, not everybody stays for the duration, myself included.

Hope to see you there.
Brian

Thanks for the welcome! and since I'm a bit late to the party I doubt I can make this one, but I'm hoping I can hit one of the spring ones at least!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am

Hello firestorm
I was a on the fence member for about 6 months before I made it to a meeting
I would only say I wish I didn't wait that 6 months to go to my first meeting
it will take you to the next level of AFOL lego
Tony.E

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Vader22135 wrote:Hello firestorm
I was a on the fence member for about 6 months before I made it to a meeting
I would only say I wish I didn't wait that 6 months to go to my first meeting
it will take you to the next level of AFOL lego
Tony.E

Thanks for the welcome, and I do truly look forward to going to one, but it isn't really a matter of being indecisive, it's a matter of my being a 7 hour+ train ride away due to living in Western PA! Also without being able to drive it's going to be one fun hat trick trying to get there once I arrive in Philly, but I shall try to manage it! Thanks for the advice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Ahoy! I go by Nevyn on the internet, and I'm from 18603, PA. Our house kind of underwent a "LEGO Rennaisance" over Christmas, as our daughter (5yrs) is old enough to really be able to follow directions on more than Duplo (her 2yo sister...not so much). My wife and I both got back into things as well, and poking around on the internet led me here.

I'm an IT guy; geek/guru of many things. I'm a self-proclaimed "Technic-ian," but enjoy all forms of brickbuilding (except for that mutated genetic deformity called Belleville).

My claim to fame (at least possibly among you folk) is that I have set #8868 Airtech Claw Rig! Very Happy I'd love to get an 8880 Super Car, or at least all the parts to build one.

And now I'm here.

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Welcome to the forum. We have a few members here that love the technic side of the brick. And some that aren't into technic as a theme but use the parts in their mocs. Hope to talk to you more and maybe see You at a meeting sometime. I also never got the super car set, so I am thinking about getting the new one coming out.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Evil Jack wrote:Welcome to the forum. We have a few members here that love the technic side of the brick. And some that aren't into technic as a theme but use the parts in their mocs. Hope to talk to you more and maybe see You at a meeting sometime. I also never got the super car set, so I am thinking about getting the new one coming out.

Where abouts are the meetings? I think you folks are a bit too far south of me (2+ hr) to get to a meeting more than once or twice a year. I do work in Allentown, PA though. Smile

Which new car would that be? I just got outbid on a 8448 chassis on eBay - guy didn't know what it was. No body, was just the rolling frame but engine and transmission were all there. Went for 56 bucks - I wasn't ready to pay that much for it; going to save my pennies and maybe get an 8880 from bricklink.

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 pm

The meetings are in different places each month. The last meeting was between Norristown and King Of Prussia. I can't remember the name of the town exactly. The next one is going to be out near York. Sometimes they are in Quakertown. Bascilally a member offers to host a meeting and thats where we have them. I actually live in Allentown. So if you ever want to carpool to a meeting let me know.

Here is a link to the new Super Car set coming out this year.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8070-1

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:14 am

NevynPA,

Greetings and welcome. Congratulations on coming out of your "Dark Age" and getting back into LEGO. It is so cool your wife is into LEGO too. It is also great to have another Technic head in the club. I hope to see some of what you build for yourself. Do you have any Mindstorms?

I have both the Air Tech Claw Rig, which needs rebuilt/repaired, and the 8880 super car. I also have some extra wheels and steering parts for the 8880. I want to either build one in a different color or make something very different.

I hope you can make some meetings and that you bring some MOCs.

And welcome to all our other new people who recently joined our forum. I understand we had one or more newbies at the last two meetings, which I missed. I hope to meet you at up coming meetings and see what you build.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:30 am

8880 was my first technic set and my favorite a real classic
if you look back at that set and the year it came out it is still
way ahead of its time I also have alot of parts and extra wheels
I would suggest try to win one on ebay if that fails buy one on bricklink
or buy the parts on bricklink and enjoy the build

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 am

Norristown/KoP isn't too bad. My wife and I *might* be able to make one at some point (if we can find a babysitter for a few hours) if its on a weekend. Heck, I personally would be willing to host one up my way (would have to check with her first for sure) once I'm a little more...established...in this community.

When I was 6, we went to Europe on vacation. Went to LEGOLAND in Denmark! This was before Carlsbad was even THOUGHT of. It was SOOOO COOL. I'll have to get the pics from my mom and scan 'em. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 pm

The meeting are always planned for the 1st Saturday of the Month. Sometimes that changes depending on the whats going on that month. The next one we will have an address soon to send out. I would definatly come to a meeting first before you host, just to make sure you can stand having most of us in your house lol!

Also carpooling is always and option if you want to go to a meeting but don't want to drive all the way.

Would love to see your photos of your trip. Post them up when you get the chance.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi, Francis here. I just signed up for the forums so I can keep track of what's going on with the club. For those of you I haven't met, I'm friends with Nate and have helped out the club at a few events.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 pm

farpaia wrote:Hi, Francis here. I just signed up for the forums so I can keep track of what's going on with the club. For those of you I haven't met, I'm friends with Nate and have helped out the club at a few events.

Hey Francis. Welcome to our little corner of the internet. I hope we can meet up again soon.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi There! My name is Julia, I'm 23 and I'm from Pittsburgh. I was a Lego Kid and now I'm just getting into the idea of building some more intricate models as a grown-up! My Lego collection is pretty small, and I've been doing a lot of LDRAW models. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:35 pm

isallesegal wrote:Hi There! My name is Julia, I'm 23 and I'm from Pittsburgh. I was a Lego Kid and now I'm just getting into the idea of building some more intricate models as a grown-up! My Lego collection is pretty small, and I've been doing a lot of LDRAW models. Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hello Julia! Do you have photos of any of your models online? Most of us use flickr now, and there's a group for PennLUG as well. Many of us will be in Pittsburgh for Lego Kidsfest June 17-19. It should be a good show, so hopefully you can make it out there!

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:17 am

I created a flickr account and added some images. I'm afraid I don't have much up!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61130199@N07/?saved=1

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 am

You may not have much on the flickr site but what you do have is very nice. Look forward to seeing more.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:38 am

thanks so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Brickadier General Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:19 pm

Evil Jack wrote:You may not have much on the flickr site but what you do have is very nice. Look forward to seeing more.
I agree. I especially like your skyscraper and church, but the ship in the bottle is crazy and by crazy I mean crazy awesome. Welcome to PennLUG. I hope you and the new recruits will have a good time with us. :-)

Brickadier General
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 333

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29934333@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:43 am

Hi everyone. My name is Steve and I live just outside Philadelphia. I have been a follower of PennLUG for several months after getting back into Legos now that my kids have shown an interest. I am a big fan of the Train and City themes. I don't have much to offer at this point, but I am amazed at the work that many of you have produced.

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:35 pm

If you have an interest in Lego and enjoy talking about Lego then you will fit right in with the club without building a thing. We have a few members that never really built much before joining and now build some very nice things. Our next get together is on the 16th. Not an official meeting but your welcome to stop by. The next full meeting is second Saturday of may and will actually be very close to Philly.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next