The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Meetings

5 posters

Go down

Meetings Empty Meetings

Post  mrsrothbricks Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:06 am

Hello. I might be interested in joining. Where are your meetings held?

mrsrothbricks
Raw ABS pellet

Female Posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Meetings Empty Re: Meetings

Post  D_Runyon Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:51 am

Our meetings are usually held at members' homes across the southern/eastern parts of Pennsylvania, changing month to month. I think our furthest west meetings are in the York and Mechanicsburg areas (this Saturday's [10/8/16] meeting is in Mechanicsburg); furthest northeast are near Allentown and Quakertown; furthest southeast are in the Philadelphia suburbs.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  danny316p Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Without context as to where the questioner is, I'm not sure if it's relevant to mention some other LUGs' meetings. Steel City LUG meets in the greater Pittsburgh area. DelVaLUG meets at the King of Prussia mall. If you're close to a border or willing to travel, there are other options beyond those...

My experience is that PennLUG meetings are worth travelling to. Our meetings aren't short - we're pretty good about making a day of it. 11 AM to 5 PM is common, and I've been to a few that lasted longer than that.

danny316p
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Meetings Empty meetings

Post  mrsrothbricks Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:31 pm

Do you have to be a paid member to attend the meetings? I would like to see how a few work before I make a decision on joining.

Also, Mechanicsburg is a reasonable commute for me.

mrsrothbricks
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:52 pm

mrsrothbricks wrote:Do you have to be a paid member to attend the meetings? I would like to see how a few work before I make a decision on joining.

Also, Mechanicsburg is a reasonable commute for me.

No need to be a paying member. Our membership is explained here.

http://pennlug.com/join-pennlug/

Any one is fee to attend our meetings and we welcome new members. I typically try to send out an email news letter to all forum members 2 weeks before a meeting with address and other info, and then again a few days before. I just sent out the second notice yesterday so you should have received it, but sometimes they get lost in spam folders or you may not have mail settings properly set on you forum profile. So if you have not received it let me know and I can get it to you.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsrothbricks Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Sorry that I'm asking so many questions...last one for now. Are children invited to the meetings, or are they adult-only?

mrsrothbricks
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 pm

Greetings and welcome.

It is always nice to see a new name on our forum. I hope you can find a home here.

You asked about dues and seeing what things are like before making any financial commitment. (There seems to have been a minor typo in the previous response to the question of dues.)

Membership in PennLUG has been and, from what I can see, always will be free. Dues are OPTIONAL. That is to say, there are certain benefits to being a dues paying member. If you feel those benefits are worthwhile to you, then by all means, pay up.

However, if you just want to hang out with other adults and talk about all things LEGO then we certainly don't want to exclude anyone. (We also seem to talk about all kinds of things non-LEGO...)

Essentially, PennLUG is first and foremost an *inclusive* organization. No matter what your main theme(s) of interest or level of participation we want to hang with other LEGO-minded people.

As for children... PennLUG is a club for adults. There are numerous LEGO sponsored events aimed at youths. When we get together we like to talk about grown-up things. Quite often that may involve recent movies, or other topics, that may not be kid appropriate. That said, there have been exceptions. In particular when the host has children of their own.

Ultimately, the question of whether children are welcome at any particular meeting is totally up to the discretion of the host(s). The number and ages of the children involved may play a part in the answer to that question.

Judging by your question I suppose it is reasonable to assume you are a parent and want to know if you may bring your child(ren) to meetings. Therefore, the (reasonable?) question would be how many children do you have and what are their ages?

I hope this all this makes sense and is acceptable to you.

Again, welcome. I hope to meet you in person and learn about you and your favorite LEGO things.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  mrsrothbricks Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:55 am

Thank you for your detailed response. Actually, I am not a parent and am looking for adult activities that do not involve children. It's not that I dislike children, but too often events are always child-based.

Thanks.

mrsrothbricks
Raw ABS pellet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down