The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Wizard World Philadelphia 2012

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wizard World Philadelphia 2012 Empty Wizard World Philadelphia 2012

Post  P_Thorne Thu May 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Wizard World is go! I've just gotten confirmation from Ms Natalia Szymanski, Conventions Assistant; she had been out sick.

We have been allocated two tables (8 feet by ...umm?). The "fan tables" will be grouped with the "artist tables" in Artists Alley (see show floor map (PDF), left edge, Hall D), which will solve 2011's problem of "where are we? why are we mixed with vendors?" Previous years, when we had a booth (i.e., curtains) were apparently a fluke due to empty space that WW wanted to fill.

Note that the fan table provisions (see application) prohibit selling (that means you, Chris! Smile), extra tables and chairs (that'd be the PCC) (although we somehow skirted that in 2007/08). Nothing is said about rubber mats, but the form just covers the highlights -- the full PCC Exhibitor Manual is... lengthy. In particular, an electrical hookup is not free, so if we want moving objects, think batteries. (I bought an R/C train last night.) I don't recall if this sector gets table skirts. (The application alludes to a convention services order form, but I don't see the promised link.)

The listed dates are May 31 (Thursday) to June 3 (Sunday) (see show info and hours). Thursday is new, and I need to ask -- do we need a presence on all four days?
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://underbase.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Wizard World Philadelphia 2012 Empty Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2012

Post  Shuppiluliumas Thu May 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Well, we can pretty easily fill up 2 tables with space base alone, so we'll have to think seriously about what we want to exhibit. I also have the custom monorail, if we want more movement. I can do all days pretty easily, seeing as I'm in Philly, so just keep us posted. Thanks for organizing this!

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 pm

2 tables is easy to fill. We can design the layout while we are at BrickMagic this coming week. We'll have a better idea of what to bring then.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Fri May 11, 2012 6:01 pm

LEGO Dog wrote:We can design the layout while we are at BrickMagic this coming week.

1. Some of the Wizard World participants won't be at BrickMagic so, y'know, drawings posted online? I'll have to do my share and document my inventory.

2. Do the new tables have acrylic panels yet? There are no velvet ropes at Wizard World to guard against grabby young'uns. If I can argue that we need special protection, I might earn us a variance on the "no outside furniture" rule. (And then we can use the provided tables for swap space.)

3. Do the tables have skirts? I have a set of Velcro-edged blue satin skirts I made for Tim Caffrey's tables (which followed another standard).

4. Customizing for Wizard World

Since Wizard World is a "pop culture" (i.e., comic books plus) show, it's become traditional for DelVaLUG to customize the display with comic book icons, usually the characters and vehicles from that summer's movies. Roy Cook (now with TwinLUG) was a big comics fan (he now contributes to a philosopy of comics blog), so he and I undertook whatever topical building and minifig-customizing was necessary. (The Batman and Spider-Man licenses were still a Big Deal in 2007.)

In other words, a completely original (e.g.) moonbase, with no linkage to Wizard World's topics, wouldn't be as pleasing to the WW organizers. At the very least the scene would need recognizable superheroes and Star Wars characters visiting.

I make a habit of media-replicas, but aside from efforts like the white/red/trans-blue videogame fighter Mike's TARDIS, does anybody else have interest or practice in that skill-set?

5. Other-than-Moonbase ideas

The 2008 quick-and-easy was: build a street using Town Modulars, then decorate walls, roofs, parks and sidewalks with minifigs and robots. With the right metaphor, we could have Town adjacent to Space.

With the battery-powered train I purchased Wednesday, we could do an elevated track. That'd be different for us.

I have enough Duplo that we could build backdrops. I'm of the belief backdrops are useful to anyone taking close-up photos, to avoid intrusion by non-brick elements (humans, distant furniture, etc.).
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm

"5. Other-than-Moonbase ideas

The 2008 quick-and-easy was: build a street using Town Modulars, then decorate walls, roofs, parks and sidewalks with minifigs and robots. With the right metaphor, we could have Town adjacent to Space."

I can easily do this along with someone who has sci/comic based MOCs. TARDIS and Dalek army will be there as well. I won't have time to put back together my TARDIS interior. I can have it for next year and that's a table by itself.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Tue May 22, 2012 9:07 pm

I could be there for part of the time, but not the whole time. I would have to work it in around Trev's prom, and the PennLUG meeting.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  SWLegoLover Wed May 23, 2012 4:47 pm

I can staff on Friday, if necessary and Saturday or Sunday but not both.
SWLegoLover
SWLegoLover
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Female Posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Fri May 25, 2012 7:48 am

Sorry for the late reply. Have been distracted (work, after-work workouts to replace what I'd missed during two weeks of long-distance relatives visiting, hay fever, etc.). Planning on other points later. Works in progress are the recent items in my Flickr photostream:

* Rotor from SHIELD helicarrier per "The Avengers." This scale inspired by that Exo-Force ducted fan, and probably too ambitious to complete in the next week, and I don't have enough grey slopes. May go with a smaller scale, and possibly the rotund design from "Super Hero Squad."

* Flying bikes, steampunk and "Wizard of Oz" witch. I have an unfinished flight-assembly -- a battery-powered conveyor belt that wraps around a building to which small models can be attached by rods. Motivation: eye-catching motion.

* Variegated pink granite floral plaza. One application of the faded pink slopes that Chris obtained from Tracy.

* More Daleks in more colors. Visitors love to notice Daleks.

* When you need to display crowds of minifigs (Star Wars, CMFs, superhero customs), a better solution than bleachers (as we used in 2011): A Town Modular-type building with stair-step setbacks at each floor. This model illustrates the concept.
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Fri May 25, 2012 10:49 am

So, what are our out-of-pocket expenses? Tickets to event? Parking? What hours are we supposed to be there?
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Mon May 28, 2012 3:42 pm

Blahhhh. I stink at organizing this year. If you're thinking that, I want you to know I agree. Hay fever season is not a good time to attempt plans and delegation that have to be, y'know, shared with other people. OTOH, however ambitious my vision, it doesn't matter how integrated our layout is -- so long as we have (a) structures that are bigger and more detailed than 95% of table-visitors have ever envisioned, and (b) recognizable minifigs, we're good. We're not showing off to other AFOLs.

1. Event times
* Thursday, May 31, 2012: 5pm - 9pm (4 h)
* Friday, June 1, 2012: 12pm - 8pm (8 h)
* Saturday, June 2, 2012: 10am - 7pm (9 h)
* Sunday, June 3, 2012: 10am - 5pm (7 h)

TO DO: Verify with the fan table liaison (Natalia Szymanski) whether Thursday coverage is essential. Officially, the table can be repossessed if it's not staffed continuously.

2. Coverage
* Nate B. (Shuppiluliumas) (Philadelphia) - "all days pretty easily"
* Phil T. (P_Thorne) (West Chester) - Fri, Sat, Sun
* Nicki T. (SWLegoLover) (Glenside) - Fri + (Sat or Sun)
* KC R. (Kreativ Snail) (Chalfont) - part of the time vis-a-vis a prom and the Sun 3 June meeting in Harrisburg
* Mike M. (LEGO Dog) (Coatesville) - ???

Hmm. This is looking a bit thin (we want at least two staffers at all times, given the volume of questions). If you remember my pitch-hitting friends Terry or Kelly (and her kids) from last year, they won't be here. Any other club members, spouses or progeny who want to pitch in?

3. Showing Up
The show is in the Pennsylvania Convention Center's Halls C and D. You'll probably enter at the 12th or 13th Street doors on Arch Street. Look for a booth marked "Exhibitors" or "Fan Tables." Identify yourself as affiliated with fan table "DelVaLUG" (possibly in their database as "Delaware Valley LEGO Users Club[sic]." They might have a list of approved names. Enter and look for our table -- hopefully we'll be marked on a map, but the current guess is Hall D, far left, Artists Alley (official map).

TO DO: Submit a list of staffer names.

If you need the loading dock, the ramp is off of E/B Vine Street, just before 11th Street and the Grandview Condos high-rise. It's a right turn. Identify yourself to the gatehouse as "Wizard World." The docks are on the northern side of the center, and the Hall D dock will be at the far west end. Parking slots are along the parapet.

4. Expenses
The fan table comes with four memberships (physically represented as badges or wristbands). Officially, additional memberships must be purchased. WW has usually been flexible with (a) passing one membership to several people in succession, i.e., if a single person can't handle the full weekend, and (b) extra memberships. They seem to understand that, in the realm of fan tables, we're exceptionally busy.

We're not buying electrical service.

So: Travel, parking, meals. If you bring extra people who are not helping, they'll need to buy tickets. (In my experience, the online discount and service charge basically cancel out, but avoiding the ticket line is the big benefit.)

5. Parking
If you're transporting to the loading dock (Google Maps of immediate vicinity), the easiest lot to reach after move-in is "1037 Vine Street Parking" ($12) at 11th and W/B Vine. (Down ramp, right onto E/B Vine St, immediate left across Vine St Expy, immediate right.) For the day before move-out, it's Rosin's Parking ($20) at 12th and E/B Vine, adjacent to the ramp. Otherwise, if you're just walking one-way, cheaper options are slightly further.
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks for the post, Phil. Does this mean we will only be doing Friday-Sunday if nobody else can do Thursday? I can definitely be there the whole time if needed, also my girlfriend Stacey, who I think you've met at a meeting or at the KOP, would be happy to help man the tables if there's enough passes available.

I have spaceships readily available but I will have to talk to Mike M. about anything else of mine as I don't have it at home right now. Looking forward to it!

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Nate: If Thursday is required, and if you (and possibly Stacey) are the only ones there, then definitely bring your spaceships. I don't know which ones you mean, but I assume they're very cool. Since there won't be anything else yet. I'll see about emailing you some of the informational mini-flyers I've compiled, if you can print a few copies.

TO DO: What is Stacey's last name? So I can put it on WW's approved list for passes. PM me if necessary.

As for the other days, I can't say until this thread collects availability-clarification from Mike and KC.

Aside from the display:
* Do not touch/Please photograph signs for table edge
* Model-proximate edge-labels, for both sides of the table
* Impromptu signage kit (card stock, markers, ruler, scissors, tape)
* DelVaLUG signs
* DelVaLUG and/or PennLUG business card
* Narrow-topic info flyers
* CMF catalogs 1-7
* Visual aids: explanatory element and color palettes
* Visual aids: anifigs, Znap, Galidor- and Ben 10-megafigs, train elements, etc.
* Digital picture frame for pics of other mocs and events - I've acquired a 3-inch battery-powered model. (Anything bigger requires wall power.) Got pictures you want seen? Point me to the photostream, folder, etc. (This one loads by USB; it lacks an SD slot.)
* Digital sign - I have one which is a fan, not a rectangle.
* First aid kit (analgesics, bandages, topical antibiotic)
* Hand sanitizer
* Tissues

And where to keep all this miscellany, accessibly? I have a rolling three-drawer plastic cart for the purpose. I'll be gathering and fabricating most of it, after all.

Official LEGO books and back issues of Brick Journal have proven in the past not worth their weight.

I have a wide variety of acrylic sign and object-display pieces.

Last edited by P_Thorne on Tue May 29, 2012 7:45 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Stacey's last name? Non-display supplements.)
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Tue May 29, 2012 10:06 am

Since I don't get home from work until almost 5 pm on most days, and I MUST shower after work this time of year, I would not be able to get there till after 7 pm on Thurs or Fri, so it would not be worth it those days... by the time I would park, it would be time to leave. I can be there the whole day Saturday. Do you want my blue and white monorail, or is someone else bringing theirs? snail
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Tue May 29, 2012 1:10 pm

Coverage-ability now stands at:
* Thursday (4h): Nate, Stacey
* Friday (8h): Nate, Stacey, Phil, Nikki
* Saturday (9h): Nate, Stacey, Phil, Nikki*, KC
* Sunday (7h): Nate, Stacey, Phil, Nikki*

Nikki = Sat or Sun
Mike, your available times?
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Stacey's last name is Replogle. She probably won't want to be there the whole time, but she can definitely do Thursday with me if we need to be there, and any other times we think we may be short on people. I don't personally have 2 tables worth of stuff to display, nor do I have any easy way of getting anything from other people, so I'd really only want to do Thursday if we had to. I can probably fill one table with space stuff/modular buildings and a few superheroes.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Back to top Go down

Post  SWLegoLover Wed May 30, 2012 8:14 am

Phil,
I can't tell if you're asking for help to make signs, provide materials, etc. or if you have that all under control.

How much before the show opens each day should we plan to arrive? I'll be taking the train and need to plan accordingly.

See you on Friday!
SWLegoLover
SWLegoLover
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Wed May 30, 2012 9:05 am

I also need to know how much before the show opens I can get there to set up. I will be driving. I can pick someone up on the way if needed, if it isn't too far out of the way. Will chairs be provided, or should I bring one? Should I bring my 4 squishy mats? alien
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Wed May 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Layout design strategy: Bring as much as you can and we'll figure it out on-site (says Phil, throwing up his hands in exasperation). We're against a wall, and I'll have plastic totes (I'm driving), so storage of excess will be easy. (I wonder if the wall has electrical outlets we could unobtrusively borrow...)

Signage: I have that under control. I had better Smile since I can't explain it in enough detail to delegate. Also, I have a lot of practice and leftover templates. The at-con clerical kit (and subsequent days) are for labels I didn't think of beforehand.

Squishy mats: good idea. They're not explicitly disallowed. Smile

If anyone would like to contribute with hydration -- bottled water or a large-beverage-cooler-spigot thingy -- that would help.

From the listing (see below) we seem to have three adjacent tables, due to a clerical error. If we ask nicely, maybe they'll let us change them from "I" to a "C" configuration.

Ms Szymanski, Conventions Assistant: wrote:
All of the wristbands that come with your table are within this envelope. You will be able to pick up your passes at the Exhibitor Registration kiosks; they will be in the Fan Groups section, listed under the group name. Load-in begins Thursday, May 31st at 8am til the start of the show at 5pm.

The floor will open up at 5 PM on Thursday, 12 PM on Friday and 10 AM on Saturday and Sunday. Booth locations are all posted online, below is the link - *** We are tables 2415/2417/2419, next to the Mandalorian Mercs, see map, Hall D, far west/left wall, second cluster from front, fifth cluster from the back/docks. Actually they got a bit confused and assigned three tables with one overlap to PennLUG and DelVaLUG, so we should have both signs. Smile ***

Please make sure that your booth is ready to go at the start of the show with all trash cleared from your area. At the end of the show please help clear the floor quickly so that we can move our overnight security team in and lock down the floor for the night.
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Wed May 30, 2012 8:07 pm

I will not be able to attend this weekend. I have been very sick since BrickMagic and I am still not well. I also have not been able to retrieve anything from Cale's house. I don't think this will be an issue as the only thing we really need from there are the space baseplates and as of now, they are still MIA. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Wed May 30, 2012 10:16 pm

I've tapped a friend, Steve W., who helped in 2008. But we're still understaffed; the only way to have four people per day (wristbands in envelope) is to tap Nate and Stacey at least three times. Anybody got other alternates? I'm trying to contact Terry again, and I'm checking with Philcon (which might have more people than it can handle with its wristband quota; table 2462, three blocks towards the back). Nate: On Thursday night, please check if envelopes exist for both DelVaLUG and PennLUG, and try to speak to Hugh Casey (jolly looking chap, glasses, light-colored beard).

DayHoursCombo 1 (max, Nikki-Sat)Combo 2 (max, Nikki-Sun)Combo 3 (min, Phil-gap)Combo 4 (min)
Thursday4hNate, StaceyNate, StaceyNate, StaceyNate, Stacey
Friday8hPhil, Nikki, Steve; NatePhil, Nikki, Steve; NatePhil, Nikki, Steve;Phil, Nikki, Steve;
Saturday9hKC; Nate, Stacey, NikkiKC; Phil, Nate, StaceyKC; Nate, StaceyKC; Phil, Nate
Sunday7hPhil; Nate, StaceyPhil; Nikki, Nate, StaceyPhil, Nikki, NatePhil, Nikki, Nate

Availability by day:
* Thursday: Nate, Stacey
* Friday: Nate, Stacey, Phil, Nikki, Steve
* Saturday: Nate, Stacey, Phil, Nikki, KC
* Sunday: Nate, Stacey, Phil, Nikki

Caveats:
Nikki = Sat or Sun
Nate+Stacey = primarily Thu, plus coverage as-needed

Availability by person:
* Nate B. (Shuppiluliumas) (Philadelphia) - Thu, plus coverage
* Stacey R. - Thu, plus coverage
* Phil T. (P_Thorne) (West Chester) - Fri and Sun, possibly Sat (if can avoid, will stay home to build more stuff for Sunday)
* Nicki T. (SWLegoLover) (Glenside) - Fri + (Sat or Sun)
* KC R. (Kreativ Snail) (Chalfont) - Sat only
* Steve W. (West Chester) - Fri only (Steve is a local friend who pinch-hit in 2008)
* Mike M. (LEGO Dog) (Coatesville) - Zilch on account of malady

KC, you asked about chairs? They're provided. Per the fan table application ... umm, we've already got a variance, so I'm not sure how it applies. Among the three DelVaLUG/PennLUG tables there should be at least two folding chairs, plus a trash can.
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  SWLegoLover Wed May 30, 2012 10:56 pm

I could do all 3 days since it looks like we could use it (I would prefer not to because I remember how tired I was at the end of each day). But if you need me, I'm in.
SWLegoLover
SWLegoLover
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Wed May 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Ok. I'm definitely not going to be able to do every day, because tomorrow is going to be a full day for me. I'm renting a car and going out to Cale's for MOCs and banners, and also to Mike M's for more MOCs. I will try to be at the convention center by 2:30 so we can be more or less set up by 5.

I am going to grab my modular buildings, my monorail, Peter's Classic Space revisited ships, and probably a couple iconic Classic Space sets. I'll do my best to fill the 3 tables with all that, splitting it between space and city. I will bring whatever superheroes I can find to populate the town. At any rate, that's 12 hours for me tomorrow once all is said and done. Stacey and I will be happy to do at least one more day, and I can do two if needed, but definitely not all four. I will be around the rest of the time, and it only takes me about 20 minutes to get to the Convention Center from my house, so I can be "on call" as well.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

I emailed all the pertinent people (Thu 08:00) with the contact list attached, but I can't seem to remember all the briefing points at once. Here are some more:

Are we doing a moonbase or not? Wizard World is a "pop culture expo," so my concern was a moc-moonbase that has no visible connection to pop culture IPs. If it can be augmented with TLG-official licensed figs or models, or custom items (e.g., Chris Deck micro-models patrolling the background), then it's all good.

How do we promote ourselves? At a minimum, bring PennLUG business cards if you have them, and pens to write extra info (like "delvalug.com") as necessary.

Who is on, what days and hours? I still can't say exactly. I'd like to write and distribute a complete caper-chart, but it might have to wait until Friday and our staff-pooling with Philcon.

When should I arrive? An hour before the show opens. See show info page for days and hours. This gives time e.g. to deliver bequeathed wristbands from the table to the entrance -- hence, mobile phones! (We need to designate a Lead Staffer for each day, who will get a permanent wristband. Probably myself, plus Nate or Nikki. If there's a PennLUG envelope, we can all be permanently banded.) Also rebalance the exhibit, make signs, take photos, etc. Trash is a concern of Wizard World, but a minor issue for us.

What should I wear? DelVaLUG or PennLUG T-shirt if you have it, and/or AFOL con shirts, and/or LEGO Store souvenir opening shirt. If you have an engraved brick namebadge, wear that too. (Anybody have a spare XL or XXL shirt in that vein? My friend Steve is a big guy; not fat, but six foot-plus and ogre-physiqued.)

How do we clean and protect the models? On Friday, I will bring bedsheet/dustclothes with my gear, and Swiffer dusters. If you have your own Swiffer dusters or other preferred lightweight tidying-up gear, please bring.

What kind of photo gear? The PCC exhibition hall is dimmer than you'd think, so use a camera with good low-light and vibration-compensating (for long exposure) ability. For posed shots of the exhibit, use a tripod.

Last edited by P_Thorne on Thu May 31, 2012 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Shirt for Steve, business cards)
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  SWLegoLover Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm at the mercy of the train schedule. I'll be there by 10:30am on Friday morning but probably 9:30am-ish for Saturday and Sunday.
SWLegoLover
SWLegoLover
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Well, the public really liked our stuff. I think we did a great job. A big HUGE thanks to Nate and Nicki who ended up there more hours than they had planned on.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next