The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

LEGOLand Anyone?

2 posters

Go down

LEGOLand Anyone? Empty LEGOLand Anyone?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:22 am

Hello Club,

I received a mailer from LEGOLand Florida about the upcoming events for this year. I am looking to hit two of the events. One in October which will include the First Year Anniversary and "Brick or Treat." The other is a visit in December to see the "Christmas Bricktacular." Both look to be more than just kiddie attractions.

I looked into flights and find they are running about $250 for a 3-4 day round trip fare (over a weekend.) I am thinking I can get the same housing option as my last visit. So I am projecting a cost basis of about $300 a visit. This will vary a little depending upon how many people we have going down.

This is a little way off, but I want to put the idea out there. If interested let me know. Otherwise keep the didacticism to yourself.

Tony Sties silent

Back to top Go down

LEGOLand Anyone? Empty Re: LEGOLand Anyone?

Post  Cale Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 pm

vyronwynter wrote:Hello Club,

I received a mailer from LEGOLand Florida about the upcoming events for this year. I am looking to hit two of the events. One in October which will include the First Year Anniversary and "Brick or Treat." The other is a visit in December to see the "Christmas Bricktacular." Both look to be more than just kiddie attractions.

I looked into flights and find they are running about $250 for a 3-4 day round trip fare (over a weekend.) I am thinking I can get the same housing option as my last visit. So I am projecting a cost basis of about $300 a visit. This will vary a little depending upon how many people we have going down.

This is a little way off, but I want to put the idea out there. If interested let me know. Otherwise keep the didacticism to yourself.

Tony Sties silent

I may be interested. I still have an annual pass burning a hole in my pocket. Wink

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:23 am

vyronwynter wrote:

Otherwise keep the didacticism to yourself.

Tony Sties silent

NO. I think this would be an important educational trip for all of us. Those who have never been on an airplane can study the effects of air pressure on ear drums during the plain ride. Once there at LegoLand we can observe colour variations in bricks, and contemplate the effects of the weather upon ABS plastics. A careful study of the pictures that were taken during the grand opening is in order, so that they can be compared to the current condition of the models. This will allow us to study not only the fading and erosion of the bricks, but also how well they withstand the onslaught of thousands of tiny hands attempting to pry them apart.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down