The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Toys for Tots Event

4 posters

Go down

Toys for Tots Event Empty Toys for Tots Event

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:14 am

Hi everyone, got an email for yet another chance at a holiday display. Here's the email. Let me know if anyone has any interest. I was thinking something maybe (2) 40X40 tables and maybe just 2-3 of us. Something basic Emerald Night style even with a few creator/cafe corner buildings. I would probably be able to help since I am not attending KidsFest.
----------------------------------
Hello Michael!

This year I am hosting & organizing a Toys for Tots Event. I was hoping that we could add your lego train display to our event. The event is in Pen Argyl, PA on Saturday December 3rd from 1 - 4pm. After seeing your display at Steamtown I recently thought to myself that this would be the perfect addition to our event. Nothing says Christmas better than trains & legos (2 of my son's favorite things!). I hope that you will be able to attend with your display. You may email me back or give me a call at anytime on my cell phone which is 484-894-5715. We can then discuss further details. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Jennifer Taylor
-----------------------------------

santa rendeer

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Toys for Tots Event Empty Re: Toys for Tots Event

Post  Shuppiluliumas Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Could be pretty difficult with Kidsfest, but if there's something I can lend to this that would help you out, and I can sort out how to get it to you, I will, though I'm not quite sure what it will be.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:49 pm

New catch, how much $$$ do we want to do this show?

------------------------------

Michael,

That would be absolutely amazing if you could do our event. If you are not able to because of your other scheduling conflicts I understand.

Last year we took our son & his friends to see the train displays at America on Wheels & they LOVED the lego display & so did us adults! Everyone loved it at America on Wheels. We always have an amazing time at Steamtown. My father is a volunteer up there & my son inherited his love of trains:)

I am curious of one thing. If you get a chance please email me back with an estimated cost to have you at our event. I am working with another person on the toys for tots event & will need to run it by him. I presented the idea of the lego diplay & he LOVED it:) I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you so much,
~Jen Taylor
----- Original Message -----
To: ttaylor127@frontiernet.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 11:09:20 PM
Subject: Re: Lego Train Display

Hi Jennifer, I am glad you had a good time in Steamtown. We love doing that event every year. I will pass this email along to our members, but we are doing a month long train display in Allentown for the America on Wheels museum from Thanksgiving to New Years and December 2nd to 4th, we will be doing some custom creations and a small train display for The LEGO Group in Hartford, CT for their KidsFest event. Let me talk to the guys (and gals) and see if we can put something together for you.

Thanks,
Michael

In a message dated 11/16/2011 11:22:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, ttaylor127@frontiernet.net writes:

Hello Michael!

This year I am hosting & organizing a Toys for Tots Event. I was hoping that we could add your lego train display to our event. The event is in Pen Argyl, PA on Saturday December 3rd from 1 - 4pm. After seeing your display at Steamtown I recently thought to myself that this would be the perfect addition to our event. Nothing says Christmas better than trains & legos (2 of my son's favorite things!). I hope that you will be able to attend with your display. You may email me back or give me a call at anytime on my cell phone which is 484-894-5715. We can then discuss further details. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Jennifer Taylor
----------------------------------
santa rendeer

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 pm

With both Kidsfest that weekend and our ongoing display at America on Wheels we are pretty maxed out for train displays. There isn't much in resources left for this one. If you want to do this Mike that's fine but I don't have anything to lend to this. What ever I'm not setting up at AOW is going to Kidsfest. If it's a few 40x40 tables you need then we should have those and I have a few stock LEGO trains I could send but not much else. And some how I don't feel right asking for money from a charity event especially if it's just a tiny little display made up of left over stuff.

Cale White Cat
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:08 am

I don't think we should get paid either, but maybe reimbursed for travel expenses. I was thinking of only stock sets since we are stretched really thin that weekend. Thankfully it's only a few hour event and it may open other doors to other local events. If we could get 2 40X40 tables, I can combine those with my 2 30X30 tables. That should be enough. Just like the displays we used to do a few years back. This one really is for the kids...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 am

Since I will not be going to Kidsfest, I might be able to help with this. Is there any way that whomever has my snails from the window display can get them to either me or Mike before then? My emporium will be up at AOW so that is not available. snail
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:08 am

This is what I am emailing in response. Evie, KC and myself are doing the show. The layout will be about 5'X9' block. I have just ordered all the electrics to motorize my Emerald Night, hopefully I get them in time. Mike T. has offered to lend me the track (Mike, you and I will hook up soon). If this sounds good I will send tomorrow, Tues.

------------------------

Hi Jen,
I have a commitment from a few people including myself to come and see you and the kids. Since most of the stuff you are probably used to seeing is already getting set up at different events, this will be a smaller layout, but the kids should enjoy it just the same. I will shoot you an email in a day or 2 when I get a chance to see which tables I still have left in my car from this past weekend's event. I can give you a size then, but just off the top of my head I am thinking somewhere around a 5'X9' square table layout with a town and winter village and a train going around the outside. I just need to get some more track from the other members.. Talk to you soon.

Mike

PS Don't worry about money, it's for the kids. Smile

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Does anyone have any standard road plates I can borrow for the set up? I only have a few. Thanks

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum