The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA

2 posters

Go down

Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA Empty Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:42 am

Hello all,

I represent an event called The Regatta at Lake Arthur,which is held each year over the first weekend of August at Moraine State park in Butler County, PA. This year it is the 6th and 7th of August. We decided do something a little different this year, and will be hosting a Lego build competition for kids. While I helped plan this event, I remembered how cool Brick World in Chicago was last year. I thought if we could get an additional tent and showcase some great builds from more mature Lego fans, it might inspire the kids who come to our competition. This regatta usually attracts between 40,000 and 70,000 people from at least four states. You can check out the event on-line at www.lakearthurregatta.org.

I can get a roughly 1,000 square foot tent with tables and chairs. This would be a great opportunity to represent state-wide building talent. Of course, I would welcome out-of-state builders as well. If anyone could come or give me the names of some local builders I could get in contact with I'd be thrilled to have some extra hands in on this.

Let me know as soon as possible please. If you want more information the website is www.lakearthurregatta.org. If you have any personal questions either ask me here or shoot me an email at wintersclaw@hotmail.com!

pirat Also, any piratical creations would be awesome, as this is a water themed event pirat

Back to top Go down

Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA Empty Re: Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA

Post  PennLUG Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Hate to tell you, but thats the weekend that most of us will be going to Brick Fair. If it was any other weekend we might be interested but it conflicts with one of our biggest events for the year.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA Empty Re: Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up, but I figured not everyone may be heading there, or have the money to spend for nights in a hotel or long travel, y'know? So I thought why not just try, who knows, I may get some after all Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 pm

fires-storm wrote:Thanks for the heads up, but I figured not everyone may be heading there, or have the money to spend for nights in a hotel or long travel, y'know? So I thought why not just try, who knows, I may get some after all Smile

Its possiable you may find a few that arent going that are interested. I just wanted to give you a heads up

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA Empty re: Lego Event at Moraine State Park, Lake Arthur, Butler Co. Western PA

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:52 pm

You definitely have a chance. A few weeks ago we had club members at three different events during a single weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few members for this. Mike M will not be attending BrickFair but I'm sure there are more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks for the support, I hope I do get at least a few to show up! That'd be really nice Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:32 am

ctbyrne wrote:You definitely have a chance. A few weeks ago we had club members at three different events during a single weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few members for this. Mike M will not be attending BrickFair but I'm sure there are more.

I'm only not going because BF conflicts with my New Hampshire vacation. Also I actually think BF might be a shorter ride for those doing a day trip.

There are a few newer members in the Pittsburgh area that may be interested.

We are actually trying to start up a western branch of the club now where the 2 halves can get together a few times a year to plan for bigger events. This is a case where it would be nice to pull that group together.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:23 am

LEGO Dog wrote:
ctbyrne wrote:You definitely have a chance. A few weeks ago we had club members at three different events during a single weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few members for this. Mike M will not be attending BrickFair but I'm sure there are more.

I'm only not going because BF conflicts with my New Hampshire vacation. Also I actually think BF might be a shorter ride for those doing a day trip.

There are a few newer members in the Pittsburgh area that may be interested.

We are actually trying to start up a western branch of the club now where the 2 halves can get together a few times a year to plan for bigger events. This is a case where it would be nice to pull that group together.

I quite agree, I would love to go to PennLug meetings, but I never can because I just don't have train fare, or money for the extreme amounts of gas......A western branch would be brilliant, especially in situations such as this!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down