The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia

4 posters

Go down

BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia Empty BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Hey guys! My name's Benn Roe. I'm 27 and I live in West Philadelphia. When I was younger I played pretty extensively with LEGO and used to have a pretty massive collection, focused mostly on castle-themed bricks and mini-figures, but with a little bit of everything. That collection has since passed on to my younger brothers, but these days I own a game shop (read: board games, card games, roleplaying games, and other tabletop games, but nooooooo video games) at 4040 Locust St., called Redcap's Corner.

In the last year or two, a friend introduced me to a LEGO-based game called BrikWars, and the seeds have been planted in my mind ever since that I'll likely start collecting LEGO again. The game's a lot of fun. For those of you familiar with Warhammer, it's similar in set-up: each player has an army and the two armies are pitted against one another in brutal and hilarious ways, but the armies are made up of LEGO mini-figures and the game board is made up of LEGO terrain. Anyway, I'm going to begin hosting BrikWars at my store in the upcoming month or so, and because I can't really justify hosting a game without supporting it, we're going to begin carrying LEGO product as well. We're for certain going to have the random mini-figure boosters, and I've already placed an order that will put series 3 in our hands in around two weeks. We should have series 4 upon release. Additionally, we plan soon to stock any of the battle-packs or otherwise mini-figure oriented LEGO sets we can get our hands on, and we already carry many of the LEGO board games, with others soon to be in-stock.

We're starting small, but we're starting nonetheless, so when I heard about this group, I figured I'd come on here and spread the word! Hopefully some of you have heard of BrikWars, or are perhaps already players of the game, but either way we're going to be another local resource for purchasing LEGO (albeit a highly targeted selection of LEGO unless interest proves high enough to warrant carrying more). If anybody wants to learn more about BrikWars, that information can be found at http://www.brikwars.com/ and feel free to keep an eye on our calendar at http://www.redcapscorner.com/ for more information when we begin hosting the game.

As for my own part, I've been on BrickLink all week, and I've slowly started purchasing mini-figures toward an undead army for BrikWars, but I know in my heart this is the beginning of my full-fledged re-emergence into the world of brick-building, so I may well ask soon for more information about your meetings. My girlfriend also seems highly interested in reconnecting with her LEGO days of yesteryear, which is a bad side for any hope I had at resisting this urge. Wish me luck! And here's hoping this post has been of interest to anyone!

Back to top Go down

BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia Empty Re: BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia

Post  PennLUG Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey, good to hear that your interested in our club. There are quite a few of us that love to play Brikwars. We actually have a thread dedicated to the game on this forum, not sure if its public view or not, we are currently making some changes to the forum. I personally love the game and am currently putting my army together. I have most the the figs, just need a few extras here and there, need to put some back together, get more weapons, and create the stats for the different soilders.

A few of us are also working on creating standard specs for weapons you can buy from brick arms. That way if anyone shows up with a specific weapon from them it will automatically have a set of stats.

We are also working towards a playable layout, but thats still a bit in the future. Once I finish off some projects that I have had sitting around I am actually planning on switching gears and working on building my brikwars army as my main MOC creations. Mechs, tanks, buildings, etc.

Are next meeting is March 5th if your interested in showing up. Its about a 2hr drive from your location, but its worth it. We actualy had a meeting real close to philly last month. The location always changes. Plus if you get to know some of our philly members you can probably start car pooling with them for the meetings that are not close by you.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia Empty Re: BrikWars Interest, and new LEGO venue in Philadelphia

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 pm

Awesome! I'm excited to hear there's more local interest! I'm really stoked to get BrikWars events started at the store, so I'll keep you updated when it starts happening. As for BrickArms/BrickForge, I've already spoken with BrickArms and I'm trying to get in touch With BrickForge, but I plan to stock those weapons in my store in the eventual future if BrikWars works out as well as I hope it will.

Either way, I'm excited to get back into LEGO and to begin nurturing Philadelphia BrikWars! We'll meet soon, I'm sure, and I'll do my best to make it to the March meeting, though I make no promises. Running a reasonably new retail store in a crappy economy is time-consuming! How can I get more information about the meeting? Can someone email the details to justify.the@means.org, please? Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Wow, so I have a very close Lego neighbor then. I live 2 blocks from your store. It'll be dangerous having a place to buy minifigures so close. At any rate, I'll have to drop by the store to say hello sometime.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:34 pm

If you live two blocks from the store, we're also going to be neighbours in my home life soon too! My girlfriend and I are closing on a house at 46th and Locust some time in April! Please do stop by the shop and say hi some time soon, though. Again, my name's Benn, and I'm the guy with the big red beard who's usually behind the counter (moreso during the week than on weekends). The store currently only has a few of the LEGO board games, and is primarily board games, Magic: the Gathering, RPGs, and Warhammer, but keep a look out! Give me two weeks and you'll start seeing some LEGO pop up!

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:47 pm

redcapscorner wrote:If you live two blocks from the store, we're also going to be neighbours in my home life soon too! My girlfriend and I are closing on a house at 46th and Locust some time in April! Please do stop by the shop and say hi some time soon, though. Again, my name's Benn, and I'm the guy with the big red beard who's usually behind the counter (moreso during the week than on weekends). The store currently only has a few of the LEGO board games, and is primarily board games, Magic: the Gathering, RPGs, and Warhammer, but keep a look out! Give me two weeks and you'll start seeing some LEGO pop up!

Welcome Benn! I'm the one who hosted the previous meeting, in Lansdowne. I'm hoping to host again later in the year. I've actually been to your store before, too!
-Chris
cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everybody know we have minifigures series 3 in stock at the store now, and we've got some BrikWars demo/getting started events coming up the last two Mondays of the month! In more minifigures news, we should have series 4 in stock upon release, and we might actually get some series 2 in stock before too long, and I'm still planning on getting some of the battle packs and other sets of a similar nature in stock at some point.

Back to top Go down

Post  legolover530 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:38 pm

it is a small world indeed as i too am a mere 2ish blocks from your store! 42nd and ludlow! i'm also chris, but not a chris seen in a while since i was the only chris the last time i was seen. i hope all works out and i will be seen and see these other chris's soon. something about guys named chris who love lego:D

legolover530
Conductor of Chaos

Male Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum