The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest)

5 posters

Go down

New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest) Empty New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest)

Post  Cale Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:21 pm

These are from a Toy Fair in Germany I believe.

Mini Fig Series 5

I think there are some great figs in this series and I see quite a few I want to stock up on in multiples. The clown is 10 time morw awesome than the one from S1. The cream pie is cool and I love the bowler hat. I'm hopping we see that one in other colors down the road. The prohibition era gangster is one of my favorites. He'll fit in with my steam era antics just great. And there is a Dwarf too. Didn't get enough of them when they were out in the castle line a few years ago.

New Kingdoms Sets

Pitchforks are back. That should be enough right there to love these new sets. But there are Chickens in white and dark tan, goats, the pig is back with new printing, there are several new townsfolk, new weapons, and the Dragon Knights now have hoarse barding and larger shields. I loved the Kingdoms sets from last year but these are just what castle dreams are made of. cheers

Alien Conquest

I'm not normally a space fan but I was pick up several of the Space Police 3 sets and was pleasantly surprised by how cool they were and how fun they were to build. This new line looks to continue that trend. I especially love the aliens and there ships. They have a classic cheesy SciFi look to them. I can see myself picking up a few of these sets.

Cale White Cat

Last edited by Cale on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest) Empty Re: New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest)

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 pm

I was invited to the new york toyfair again this year
but I may not be able to attend if i do I will (steal) I mean take some pics or vids 4 u guys
also like last year I will hopefully be getting the exclusives like last years bobafett

Back to top Go down

New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest) Empty Re: New 2011 Sets (Collectible Minifig Series 5, Kingdoms, and Alien conquest)

Post  PennLUG Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Alien Comquest is going to be epic.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Evil Jack wrote:Alien Comquest is going to be epic.
I agree. I can't wait...

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Cool pics. However, and I hate to throw a wet blanket on things, have these sets/images been officially released by LEGO somewhere yet. If not we should not be posting images nor links.

There has been some hot discussion on the Ambassador's Forum regarding leaked images. (I will post their official document for fans in a separeate thread.)

Some of the pictures look like they were at the convention. That is one way LEGO officially announces a set and then it is okay to post pictures. But I'm not so sure about the Mini-Figs Series 5 pics.

If we happen to post leaked images or even links to leaked images it could hurt our favored standing with LEGO.

Mike Tighe

Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 am

I like the look of the Cleopatra and the 30s Gangster, but the Pop Diva seems to be the exact same fig as the S2, but with a pink radio. And I'm kind of intrigued by their decision to include Jane Goodall as a collectible minifig . Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:07 am

Uniblab wrote:Cool pics. However, and I hate to throw a wet blanket on things, have these sets/images been officially released by LEGO somewhere yet. If not we should not be posting images nor links.

There has been some hot discussion on the Ambassador's Forum regarding leaked images. (I will post their official document for fans in a separeate thread.)

Some of the pictures look like they were at the convention. That is one way LEGO officially announces a set and then it is okay to post pictures. But I'm not so sure about the Mini-Figs Series 5 pics.

If we happen to post leaked images or even links to leaked images it could hurt our favored standing with LEGO.

Mike Tighe

I understand your concern. All of the pics and videos are from an
Austrian Toy News site and taken at the Nuremberg International Toy Fair. I also believe that the woman showing off the Alien Conquest sets in the one video is an actual LEGO employee.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:55 am

I thought colorado was only 1-or 2 hours behind us
but mike seems to be 2 weeks behind ???
I will check my post in 2 weeks to get his reply Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:16 am

Mixed feelings on the Series 5 minifigs.

I'm glad to see more non-castle buildings being added to the Kingdoms line - the mill and blacksmith. It would be cool if more small buildings were added to the city line as well (at least we get the bank now).

rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 am

rgb wrote:Mixed feelings on the Series 5 minifigs.

I'm glad to see more non-castle buildings being added to the Kingdoms line - the mill and blacksmith. It would be cool if more small buildings were added to the city line as well (at least we get the bank now).

Agreed. It would be great if LEGO released a line of smaller buildings and town sets in in with the same detail and style of the Cafe Corner sets. I think they would have a hard time keeping such sets on the shelves.

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:04 am

I think they would have a hard time keeping such sets on the shelves.

One of the common complaints about LEGO sets that I've heard and seen is the pricing. If TLG focused more on smaller (and somewhat less expensive) sets, I think people would be more inclined to purchase more than they would be willing to put out $100+ for a single Cafe Corner. Also, the smaller sets could allow for a larger variety of building types.

On a separate note, the Alien Conquest minifig designs are starting to grow on me. Despite the modified head pieces, I feel that they're more integrated with the basic minifig design than say, the Life on Mars aliens were. The color scheme still makes me a little queasy though. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:33 am

The human element to the alien conquest reminds me on Space Police I in color, but then again, anything red and blue says police. It's good to see them doing space that isn't star wars. Alien Conquest is the M-Tron, Unitron, or Futuron of today, space not directly related to the "good guys" and the "bad guys."

Back to top Go down

Post  PennLUG Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:58 am

ctbyrne wrote:The human element to the alien conquest reminds me on Space Police I in color, but then again, anything red and blue says police. It's good to see them doing space that isn't star wars. Alien Conquest is the M-Tron, Unitron, or Futuron of today, space not directly related to the "good guys" and the "bad guys."

Say what????? This doesn't get more good guy bad guy. Space police had us going out and catching criminal aliens. It was never stated all aliens were criminals, even though people liked to assume that was the situation. Here the aliens are trying to conquer the human race. In this theme all aliens our bad guys. They even got a brain sucker alien.

PennLUG
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 507

https://pennlug.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:41 am

I just finished perusing the massive picture gallery from the link Brickset posted. I must admit the Alien Conquest sets are growing on me (especially the little "alien pet" brain suckers Smile) I'm not entirely sure how I feel about the lighting and sound effects, though. I typically like my System sets electronic free.

Also, I must admire the printing work on the dragon knights' armor. I might just get back into the Castle theme afterall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down