The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010

+9
cjedwards
P_Thorne
rgb
Kreativ Snail
LegGodt
D_Runyon
Shuppiluliumas
Uniblab
Cale
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010

Post  Brianb Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm

that's awesome!
Brianb
Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 452

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: LEGO Kidsfest Hartford Connecticut 2010

Post  peterlmorris Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Fantastic! Now we've got room for everyone, right?
peterlmorris
peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:10 pm

peterlmorris wrote:Fantastic! Now we've got room for everyone, right?

Every one except you Pete. lol!

Cale
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:33 pm

Well who wants to look at crappy starships anyway?

I hear the kids these days are into ninjas.
peterlmorris
peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:17 am

I agree about the space ship stuff but come on pete
it is wizards like potter everyone is into
I just did a invisability cloak moc its right here ( ) what do you think??
it took me an hour also cale I am bringing my 48x48 invisability cloaked potter castle
you wont even know its there lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Ninja starship: gogogo!

Edit: Oh yeah- I might be up for carpooling with you guys, Brian.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:29 am

Now that we have 8 paying spots and potentially 14 members planing on attending Kidsfest here is the possible breakdown of compensation for PennLUG attendees.

- Two people to a room. As of right now we should only need 7 of the 8 rooms we have available.

- Each attendee will get $50 per day for meals, paid upon arrival at the event. You decide the menu.

- Each attendee will get a $100 LEGO Gift Card. If we have any extra gift cards we may be able to share Gift cards with nonattending contributors to the event. $25.00 each was suggested at the last meeting.

- Transportation to the event is still nascent. The original idea was to pay tolls, a mileage rate and parking out of the money given to us for this purpose. Since we will probably need to rent trailers or trucks for the near future, this will be the biggest drain on the transportation budget. Therefore, it is important that we coordinate and carpool (where possible) as a cost saving measure.

As of now we will plan to cover Trailer/Van rental and fuel costs for Chris and Brian and any parking fees for all attendees at the convention. It is undecided yet if we will have any left over to contribute to individual members transportation costs.

It is hoped that any extra money from the event can be put aside for club use at future events and such.

As of now here is the list of people interested in going.

Cale Leiphart
Brian Brister
Chris Edwards
Nate Brill
Pete Morris
Rob Bender
Dave Runyon
Tony Sties
KC
Mike and Evie M.
Tony E.
Mike and Ben Tighe

If you are still planing to go we need a confirmation as soon as possible so that we can send a list off to Jim Foulds. Also please list what time you will be arriving and leaving (if known) so we can coordinate set up and tear down.

ThanK You
Cale Leiphart
PennLUG
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:06 am

Hi,

I will be going. I am riding with Tony E and we should arrive about 12 pm on Thursday. Count me in for setup and teardown. The plan is that I will leave Monday morning and get back somehow.

Tony Sties

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 am

it is going to be Tony E & Diane
not 100% sure about her coming as of yet
but pretty sure its a done deal
count me in for thursday-possibly mon
if I do stay till monday I will bring Tony S home

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:45 am

Ideally, I can leave whenever on Thursday but I'd like to return Sunday night. If no one is planning to return to the Greater Harrisburg-Hershey-Carlisle Metropolitan Area Sunday night, I'm willing to drive myself. If there's any chance of pooling with someone, I'm up for it (as long as I can miss less work). I can even meet you at your house. Anyone?
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:39 pm

I thought the Dudleys were coming, too. Are they not?

I don't know how long it'll take me to get there, but hopefully between 12 and 2 pm Thursday.
peterlmorris
peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LegGodt Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:24 pm

Yo Pete ... something came up and we can't make it. Goto page one or this topic for the reason ...
LegGodt
LegGodt
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 130

https://www.facebook.com/leggodt

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:44 pm

Aw man that stinks. Sorry I wasn't paying attention. Still, I'm pretty pumped about your success. I can't wait to hear some of the tunes from the session.
peterlmorris
peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:00 pm

Dave -
Cale and I are leaving Thursday morning (arrival in Hartford - 12-2?) and we are not leaving Hartford until Monday morning. You are still welcome to ride with us, but it sounds like you don't have the time off of work available?
Brian
Brianb
Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 452

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:14 am

@Brian-
I'll have to check on time off. Let me get back to you.
D.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Unless it really messes things up for you all, I will NOT be going. Sunoco doesn't want to give me the monday off, even tho I CAN have it off from the bus job..so I would have to leave early Sunday, thus not being there for teardown. :-( however I only get 5 days off per year from the bus and I will just save them for other events, and with my mom's leg really acting up right now, she really doesn't want to have to go back and forth between the 2 houses thurs night thru monday morning. .. so things just are not looking good for this right now. ( when we went to a concert on Sat I took her in the wheelchair, thats how bad it is right now) I sent my PennLUG container for the port with Cale, and if I happen to get together with someone who is going, I can send a few other small things along... but I am thinking no one will want to deal with the park, cause the trees and foliage need to be redone every time, they never hold together. I will miss not being there with you all, I have never missed any big event PennLUG has gone to. .. someone take lots of pix.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 am

I was talking to Francis the other day and he was wondering if there were any available hotel space left. If there is, I think he'd like to come and help out. It's not a big deal if we can't manage it, but I've lost track of how many people are coming, so just let me know. He'd be available for the whole time if that would be helpful to us.

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:00 pm

I've made a tentative list of hotel room pairs:
Cale Leiphart and Brian Brister
Chris Edwards and Rob Bender
Mike and Evie M.
Mike and Ben Tighe
Nate Brill and Francis
Pete Morris and Dave Runyon
Tony Sties and Tony E.

Tony E., do you have a definitive answer from Diane? I didn't put her on because it's better to have people who definitely are going to be there. Would she be helping with the display or just hanging out?

I did put Francis on the list. Based on the amount of space we were planning to fill *, this still leaves one more hotel room, so things can be shuffled a bit if need be. If anyone objects to the person they've been paired up with, if I left anyone out, or if anything else needs to change, let me know ASAP, as the reservations at the hotel need to be finalized very soon.

* I say "the amount of space we were planning to fill" because once again, things have changed. It's looking extremely unlikely that we'll have all of the space we requested (no one will, because the total space allotted to AFOLs is a lot smaller than what we were promised). We're hoping that we won't get screwed out of the compensation for the space we're ready to fill, if the space isn't there. We're still waiting on the official answer on that.

If we don't get the same amount of compensation but still want to attend, we'll be looking at compensation for probably 5 of the 10x10 spots, so only 5 hotel rooms. The list above will then be null and void and we can hopefully just squeeze in whoever wants to be there in whatever rooms we have.

Thanks,
Chris
cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:04 pm

No Diane will not be attending
this one, but hopefully one soon
Tony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cale Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 pm

I talked to Mike Tighe last night. He is still having verison troubles so he can't easily access the internet right now. Ben will not be attending however Mike would like to bring his lady friend from Colorado as a guest. I don't think she would be helping with our display much.

I'm cool with the room set up by the way.

Cale

cjedwards wrote:I've made a tentative list of hotel room pairs:
Chris Edwards and Rob Bender
Mike and Evie M.
Mike and Ben Tighe
Nate Brill and Francis
Pete Morris and Dave Runyon
Tony Sties and Tony E.

Tony E., do you have a definitive answer from Diane? I didn't put her on because it's better to have people who definitely are going to be there. Would she be helping with the display or just hanging out?

I did put Francis on the list. Based on the amount of space we were planning to fill *, this still leaves one more hotel room, so things can be shuffled a bit if need be. If anyone objects to the person they've been paired up with, if I left anyone out, or if anything else needs to change, let me know ASAP, as the reservations at the hotel need to be finalized very soon.

* I say "the amount of space we were planning to fill" because once again, things have changed. It's looking extremely unlikely that we'll have all of the space we requested (no one will, because the total space allotted to AFOLs is a lot smaller than what we were promised). We're hoping that we won't get screwed out of the compensation for the space we're ready to fill, if the space isn't there. We're still waiting on the official answer on that.

If we don't get the same amount of compensation but still want to attend, we'll be looking at compensation for probably 5 of the 10x10 spots, so only 5 hotel rooms. The list above will then be null and void and we can hopefully just squeeze in whoever wants to be there in whatever rooms we have.

Thanks,
Chris
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Back to top Go down

Post  rgb Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I should warn you, Chris, that I snore!

If Chris isn't heading back to Philly till Monday, is there anyone else heading back to the Philly area I could catch a ride with Sunday? I can take off Monday if I need to, but I rather save my vacation days. Thanks.
rgb
rgb
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 624

http://www.robbender.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 am

I'm cool with rooming with Pete if he's cool rooming with me.

As for rides, is anyone planning on heading back Sunday night?
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  cjedwards Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:59 am

It's going to look like I did this intentionally, but I swear it was an accident. I sent Jim a slightly older version of the roommate list, before I adjusted it to be a better fit with travel groups.
It shouldn't be a problem for us to shuffle around and use the roommates I posted in this thread if we want. Here's the list of attendees I sent (note that I put myself in a room with Mike T, but I'm planning to stay in the other room with my name):

room needed

room waived

Chris Edwards and Pete Morris
room needed

Mike MacLeod and Evie Macleod
room needed

Mike Tighe and Chris Edwards
room needed

Nate Brill and Francis Arpaia
room needed

Rob Bender and Dave Runyon
room needed

Tony Sties and Tony E.
room needed
cjedwards
cjedwards
King of the Action

Male Posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:40 pm

The list looks good to me (with the understanding Chris will be rooming with Pete and my friend Cara will be rooming with me.

Are these rooms all with 2 queen beds like last year? That would work better for me. Mike and Evie M. would probably prefer a king bed.

I will be leaving from Lancaster Thursday morning some time. When is setup beginning?

I can drive someone else but I probably won't be coming back until Monday.

If one or more of the rooms are not needed Monday night, can the club get the $50 bonus for not using it?

If anyone needs to contact me please call my cell. Verizon still hasn't gotten my Internet setup yet...

Mike Tighe
Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 am

Ok, here's my travel deal: I will be leaving Harrisburg, PA, mid-afternoon on Thursday (maybe around 4). Although I'll probably get whalloped by NYC rush traffic, I'm naively hoping that I'll be able to make the 5.5-hour trip in close to 5.5 hours. That puts my arrival between 9 and 10 PM Thursday night; when I'm close to Hartford I assume I can contact Chris or Cale to see if anyone is still setting up so I can drop off my stuff. Otherwise, I will head directly to the hotel (not passing Go, not collecting 2 $100 Lego gift cards). I'll head to the convention center as early as possible (Friday morning setup is 7-10 AM, correct?) to get my stuff installed. *KidsFest happens* After the show concludes, I'll stay Sunday night (teardown) and leave sometime Monday morning.

1. Anyone who needs a ride (Thurs PM-Mon AM) is welcome to ride with me. I'm routing near Allentown and can make pickups as necessary. Let me know ASAP.
2. If my above plan sounds problematic for setup, I'm not sure how to remedy that. Suggestions?
3. Other comments/questions?

P.S.- Who am I rooming with? And which hotel is it?
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next