The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

Introductions

+40
MikeG
Mylinda6794
KJKlock
Nathaniel_S
paloftoon
Ben-Laura
Brick_Dad
afol666
Isrowei
sammoe
Matthew-Jeffory
danny316p
mathicus7
Glenn Holland
Steve Jackson
ClassyBricks
whataslacker
Tom O
bsevans
peterlmorris
sixf00t4
SWLegoLover
LEGO Dog
rgb
P_Thorne
Brianb
Uniblab
Shuppiluliumas
cjedwards
Cale
legolover530
bas157
joshua sanders
S-Tauser
maarek
Brickadier General
D_Runyon
LegGodt
Kreativ Snail
PennLUG
44 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Re: Introductions

Post  Guest Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:26 pm

I greatly appreciate the warm reception. My hope is that I will have something constructive to contribute as I begin to reacclimate myself to the Lego world.

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Introduction

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Hello PENNLug! My name is Brian and I go by the name notenoughbricks here and at flickr and bmwlego on Brickset.
My main LEGO interests are City, modular town and sot Space lines.
I am a founding member of I LUG NY and hope to learn a lot about LUGs and how they are ran, what the websites could benefit from having and any activities that your LUG finds fun and successful.
Met several of your group at Brick Fair and hope to get down to VA again this year to do the same. PENNLug had the best layout of any at the show and your models were the best in show in my book!

Link to my flickr....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notenoughbricks/

Last edited by notenoughbricks on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added flickr link.)

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:15 pm

notenoughbricks wrote:Hello PENNLug! My name is Brian and I go by the name notenoughbricks here and at flickr and bmwlego on Brickset.
My main LEGO interests are City, modular town and sot Space lines.
I am a founding member of I LUG NY and hope to learn a lot about LUGs and how they are ran, what the websites could benefit from having and any activities that your LUG finds fun and successful.
Met several of your group at Brick Fair and hope to get down to VA again this year to do the same. PENNLug had the best layout of any at the show and your models were the best in show in my book!

Link to my flickr....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/notenoughbricks/

Welcome to the forum. If you guys need help, just shoot us a message.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 664

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25699490@N02/

Back to top Go down

Post  P_Thorne Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm

notenoughbricks wrote:My main LEGO interests are City, modular town and sot Space lines.
Hooray for Space! This doesn't look like a typo: "sot Space." Question Is it an abbreviation I'm unfamiliar with? (A guess: Do you mean traditional "studs on top" Space construction techniques, as opposed to the emphasis on SNOT and studlessness that has dominated AFOL spacecraft MOCs for the past five years?) My own Space building is mostly micro, where SNOT is essential.

notenoughbricks wrote:I am a founding member of I LUG NY
Congratulations on organizing. Now we in Pennsylvania needn't field the occasional inquiries Smile from NYC-area residents looking for LEGO party ideas, custom builds, or show appearances -- we can refer them to you.

Until Wizard World Philadelphia a month ago, when a visitor to the DelVaLUG/PennLUG table mentioned it, I had no idea that NYCLUG and other local clubs had consolidated under a new name. And a regional pun, no less.
P_Thorne
P_Thorne
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 312

http://underbase.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty intro

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 pm

hello, my name is jeffrey...im from chester county pa. i just joined today.

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:33 am

P_Thorne wrote:
notenoughbricks wrote:My main LEGO interests are City, modular town and sot Space lines.
Hooray for Space! This doesn't look like a typo: "sot Space." Question Is it an abbreviation I'm unfamiliar with? (A guess: Do you mean traditional "studs on top" Space construction techniques, as opposed to the emphasis on SNOT and studlessness that has dominated AFOL spacecraft MOCs for the past five years?) My own Space building is mostly micro, where SNOT is essential.

notenoughbricks wrote:I am a founding member of I LUG NY
Congratulations on organizing. Now we in Pennsylvania needn't field the occasional inquiries Smile from NYC-area residents looking for LEGO party ideas, custom builds, or show appearances -- we can refer them to you.

Until Wizard World Philadelphia a month ago, when a visitor to the DelVaLUG/PennLUG table mentioned it, I had no idea that NYCLUG and other local clubs had consolidated under a new name. And a regional pun, no less.

"SOT" is normally thought of as "Classic Space" where "SNOT" usually refers to "Neo-Classic Space". I guess it's a techniques thing.
SOT & SNOT space are more then welcomed around here (and needed).

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:36 am

jeffrey74 wrote:hello, my name is jeffrey...im from chester county pa. i just joined today.

Welcome aboard.
Philip and I are located in Chester County too. Where about's are you? Thorndale here.
I build mostly space, and a bit of everything else too.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Now that PENNLug knows about I LUG NY, maybe you guys will help spread word of mouth like you mentioned when people from NY ask you guys questions at events.

I actually visited the LEGO Store at Kings of Prussia Tuesday evening. Nice and friendly staff. I enjoyed speaking with Mikey. Small PaB wall though compared to West Nyack and Rockefeller Center. Wish I could have seen the Great Ball Contraption working in your LUG Showcase.

There will be about 4-5 of us from I LUG NY attending BrickFair and I look forward to hanging out with you guys again.
Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGO Dog Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Mikey is fun. He and I had such a good time counting 1000's of loose green 2x4 back in April. He wanted to see the farm and all his green brick when it was done and he actually made it to KidsFest in Pittsburgh. Too bad the farm was in Chicago that weekend.

LEGO Dog
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Introductions

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I want to thank Cale for allowing me to join the forum and be a part of the PennLUG community! My name is Kevin Hinkle, and I am the North American Community Coordinator for the Community Engagement & Communications (CEC) team at LEGO Systems, Inc. I have been an active employee of The LEGO®️ Group for more than 6 years beginning my career in Brand Retail. I have worked for the LEGO Brand Retail Stores in Lakewood, Colorado; Chandler, Arizona; and finally Austin, Texas in every position beginning as a part-time Sales Associate and eventually becoming Store Manager. In July 2011, I accepted the position of Community Coordinator for North America moving to Enfield, Connecticut as an employee of LEGO Systems, Inc. Not only do I love my job, I also have a passion for building! If you so desire, you can find my work on Flickr under the username: Kevinhink. I hold a bachelor's degree in Animation in which I studied traditional 2D animation and stop motion from the Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design in Colorado. I am looking forward to working more closely with PennLUG as well as the fan community as a whole in North America.

I will be stopping by every week or so to see what you guys are up to, but if you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me! Smile

Regards,

Kevin Hinkle

Back to top Go down

Post  maarek Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Welcome Kevin! I'm familiar with you from Flicrk I follow you on there. Welcome to the forums.
maarek
maarek
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 546

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty good to hear from ya Kevin :)

Post  Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Good to hear from ya Kevin Smile
I had passed your name along to a few PENNLUG members. It's good to see ya making contact on the board Smile Hope all is well
Cheers Laughing
Tracie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 pm

Hi,

My name is Kirk, though friends call me chunky. Chunky mono, that is, as in chunky monkey. Mono is spanish for monkey. Some of you may know me from the KoP Lego Store. I work there, mostly nights, and the occasional Sunday. I see your creations and hope to one day build something as cool. Perhaps I could attend a meeting sometime. I think with the extended holiday hours I might be able to make the December meeting, at least for an hour or two. Maybe longer.

Thanks for sharing your creations when you come to the store.

Chunky.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuppiluliumas Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi Kirk! This is Nate. Welcome to the forums. Hopefully we'll start seeing you at meetings then!

Shuppiluliumas
Prince of Action

Male Posts : 450

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34338074@N06/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks Nate. I hope to see you at the next meeting. Unless the zombies get us all. Sorry, been watching the walking dead. great stuff. Unless you are scared off zombies. Me, I'm only scared of clowns. And clown zombies... affraid and zombie clowns, but i digress...

Kirk

Back to top Go down

Post  sixf00t4 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 pm

Hi everyone! I'm josh. I found this site from peterlmorris' flickr. I'm not sure where most people are, or where/when these meetups take place, but I'm interested to know more pgh based ALEs! We don't have a LEGO store here in pittsburgh, but i make the trek to KoP or I go see my sister near the Christiana Mall in DE.

here's a link to some of my creations - (even though I can't make it a hyperlink for 7 days) flickr.com/photos/sixf00t4/

sixf00t4
1x1 Brick
1x1 Brick

Male Posts : 39

http://sixf00t4.com

Back to top Go down

Introductions - Page 6 Empty Hi.

Post  Guest Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 pm

My name's Josh and first I'd like to say thank you for allowing me to be a part of PennLUG. I'm 27 years old, live in Lancaster PA and I like creating anything involved with "city" and custom minifigs. I've been a huge LEGO fan for as long as I can remember but I kind of lost interest as I got older. But recently my two daughters have taken quite an interest in LEGOs and I fell in love with them all over again and decided that from here on out, this will be my official hobbie and passion. Josh R.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniblab Fri May 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Welcome Josh. It is always good to find another LEGO enthusiast.

PennLUG is open to anyone who loves LEGO and wants to share ideas, stories, creations or whatever.

There are more than a couple people in the club who also enjoy building in the Town/City theme. I'm sure you will find good company here.

I also live in Lancaster. Although I have quite a few City sets my interests are more towards Technic and Mindstorms.

Our next meeting is Saturday, June 2nd, at Dave Runyan's house in Harrisburg from 11:00am until probably 5:00 or so. I'd be delighted if you wanted to car pool with me if you are interested.

Again, welciome to PennLUG!

Michael Tighe

Uniblab
Uniblab
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 313

Back to top Go down

Post  Kreativ Snail Fri May 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Nope, meeting is on Sunday.
Kreativ Snail
Kreativ Snail
BLUE 2x4 Brick
BLUE 2x4 Brick

Female Posts : 1179

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39026423@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Thats perfect. I can definetly attend if it's on Sunday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 25, 2012 11:08 pm

So the next meeting is June the 3rd at 11:00am. Does anyone know the exact location??

Back to top Go down

Post  Brianb Sat May 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Welcome Josh, Dave should be posting something soon with more details about the meeting soon.

Hope too see you then.
Brian
Brianb
Brianb
2x3 Brick
2x3 Brick

Male Posts : 452

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46915173@N08/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 26, 2012 7:08 pm

Sounds good. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post  peterlmorris Mon May 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Josh S. and now a Josh R.

We're going to have to switch to nicknames at some point so people terrible with names like me can keep all the same-name people straight! LOL.
peterlmorris
peterlmorris
2x2 Brick
2x2 Brick

Male Posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post  D_Runyon Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 am

Josh R. wrote:So the next meeting is June the 3rd at 11:00am. Does anyone know the exact location??

Meeting's on June 3 at 11:30 or 12ish. The exact location... should have gone out by e-mail. If you didn't get it, send me or Cale a PM and we'll make sure the info gets to you. General location is Harrisburg/Susquehanna Twp, PA.
D_Runyon
D_Runyon
2x4 Brick
2x4 Brick

Male Posts : 605

http://pennlug.forum-motion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next