The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The PennLUG Forum
Welcome to PennLUG Forums! Please login or register. While registering please make sure to select YES on Newsletter so you can emails for dates and time.
The PennLUG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Google Calendar
Latest topics
» New member request
by maarek Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:39 pm

by RSchamus2 Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:03 pm

by Uniblab Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 pm

» Hello fellow AFOLs
by maarek Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:11 pm

» Greetings!
by danny316p Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:06 am

» Greetings!
by MRMAURO Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:03 pm

» Hello
by danny316p Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:16 pm

» New Member Request
by danny316p Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:27 pm

» Newbie from Harrisburg
by Uniblab Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:55 pm

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:14 am

» Introducing Myself!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:10 am

» Greetings PENNLUG!
by D_Runyon Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:09 am

» Contact for Lego Printing Permissions
by Lewa1096 Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:28 am

» Introductions
by Lewa1096 Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:29 am

» PIQABRICK Kickstarter email
by danny316p Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:05 pm

» Official Apology to Mike Who I Met at the King of Prussia Lego Store Yesterday
by Crazy Lego Lady Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

» ISO Advent Calendar Plastic inserts !
by Csnow05 Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:30 pm

» Anyone collect instructions and printed materials?
by ColonelCrafty Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:32 am

» King of Prussia LEGO Store Grand Re-Opening Event
by danny316p Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:32 am

» Hi
by jje4th Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:11 am

New Blog from the LEGO Community Team

2 posters

Go down

New Blog from the LEGO Community Team Empty New Blog from the LEGO Community Team

Post  Cale Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 pm

Just received this email from Kevin Hinkle today.

Cale

Hello and Good Morning folks,

While speaking with the community both in the office and out, a few common suggestions come up time and time again. There’s apparently an interest in following the community team as they travel the world to various fan events and get first hand updates on what we are working on at the office. We have a lot going on this year and lots of changes in regards to what we’re doing to support the fan community. In an effort to provide an even closer look into what the LEGO community team is doing, we have launched the official “Community Team Blog” as an… experiment, if you will. While I can’t say with certainty that this will be around permanently- we are confident it will be available through most, if not all of 2013. The blog is maintained by all four members of the LEGO community support team:

Jan Beyer - Community Operations Manager EU/ASIA (Eastern Europe and Asia)
Jim Foulds - Community Operations Manager AMS/ANZ (Central / South America and Australia / New Zealand)
Kevin Hinkle - Community Coordinator NA (North America)
Kim Ellekjær Thomsen - Community Coordinator EU (Western Europe)

http://ceeteamblog.com/

Personally, I have committed to posting a weekly update on projects that I’m working on (all of course involve the community) as well as a full report from each trip I take this year. I will also post relevant info and news as I have it. The goal for this blog is not to become the new “hot spot” for LEGO news, but rather to provide something in direct response to feedback received from the community. It’s there for people that have an interest in reading it.

If you’ve got any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions I welcome them.
Thanks for your time and continued support!
Regards,

Kevin Hinkle
North America Community Coordinator
Community Engagement & Events
Cale
Cale
Railroad Tycoon

Male Posts : 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steampoweredbricks/

Back to top Go down

New Blog from the LEGO Community Team Empty Re: New Blog from the LEGO Community Team

Post  maarek Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Hey I'm excited to see what those AFOL VIP Cards were about! Thanks for the post Cale! I'll add this to the website as a link.
maarek
maarek
Strategos
Strategos

Male Posts : 546

http://www.flickr.com/photos/captmaarek/

Back to top Go down

New Blog from the LEGO Community Team Empty Re: New Blog from the LEGO Community Team

Post  Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Interesting. It seems they have been keeping up this blog since early November. If I were to guess, they will be offering these AFOL stickers at LBR stores for AFOLs to affix to their VIP cards. You know we'll all want one. At the same time, I think this has to do with the metrics. They will be able to choose AFOL or Not AFOL when swiping a VIP card at the register and that will provide TLG with data on our purchasing habits. It is a CHEAP way to get a lot more data than the surveys. Please find something wrong with what's I've said because I think I just hit the brick on the stud.... that's a phrase, right? haha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down